Disney’s Contemporary Resort, originally to be named Tempo Bay Hotel and previously the Contemporary Resort Hotel, is a AAA Four-Diamond Award–winning Deluxe resort located at the Walt Disney World Resort in Bay Lake, Florida.
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Retreat to this ultra-modern Disney Resort hotel and discover award-winning dining, spectacular views and dazzling pools. Whether you’re staying in the iconic A-frame Contemporary tower or the nearby Garden Wing, you can walk to Magic Kingdom® Park main gate or catch the monorail as it breezes through the tower. Inside a 90-foot-tall mural by Disney Legend Mary Blair—responsible for the distinct look and feel of the “it’s a small world” ® attraction—celebrates the Grand Canyon and the American Southwest.
Disney’s Contemporary Resort offers bus service to all 4 Disney theme parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom), both water parks (Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach water park), and Disney Springs.
In addition to bus transportation to Disney parks, Disney’s Contemporary Resort is one of three monorail loop resorts (with Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort), providing transportation to Disney’s Magic Kingdom theme park, as well as Epcot (through the Ticket and Transportation Center).
Disney’s Contemporary Resort Rooms
Typical Standard rooms include a parking area view, garden view, Bay Lake view, or monorail view, with one king bed and one single day bed or two queen beds and one single day bed. The rooms have 437 sq. ft. of total area and accommodate up to five Guests plus one child under age 3 in a crib.
Disney’s Contemporary Resort contains 1000+ Guest rooms, 428 Villas, 633 Deluxe rooms, and 23 Suites. Guests choosing Club Level accommodations at the Tower Club or Atrium Club receive personalized concierge service and lounge with continental breakfast, midday snacks and evening wine, hors d’oeuvres, cordials and desserts.
- Alarm Clock
- Mini Refrigerator
- Coffee maker
- Hair Dryer
- In-Room Safe
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Table & Chairs
- Television – ABC, Disney Channel, ESPN & more
- Vanity Area
- Voice Mail
- Free WiFi
Check-in time is 4 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m. Guests may check in at the front desk or the My Disney Experience app as early as 8 a.m. and if the room is not ready, store your bags with Luggage Services and head for the theme parks.
Bay Lake Tower Villas
Warm luxury meets modern elegance at this lakeside Resort hotel located within walking distance of Magic Kingdom® Park. Delight in studios and multi-bedroom villas, kitchens or kitchenettes and dramatic views that may include old-growth cypress trees, the shimmering Bay Lake, the lush courtyard or Cinderella Castle. Enjoy enchanting pools and award-winning dining— plus the extensive offerings of Disney’s Contemporary Resort, connected by the convenient Sky Way Bridge.
One Bedroom Villas at Bay Lake Tower
One-Bedroom Villas accommodate up to five Guests, plus one child under age 3 in a crib, and offer a fully equipped kitchen, king-size bed in master bedroom, queen-size sleeper sofa and twin sleeper chair in living room, washer & dryer and private porch or balcony.
Two Bedroom Villas at Bay Lake Tower
Two-Bedroom Villas accommodate up to nine Guests, plus one child under age 3 in a crib, and offer a fully equipped kitchen, king-size bed in master bedroom, 2 queen-size beds in second bedroom, queen-size sleeper sofa and twin sleeper chair in living room, washer & dryer and private porch or balcony.
Deluxe Studios at Bay Lake Tower
Deluxe Studios accommodate up to four Guests, plus one child under age 3 in a crib, and have one queen-size bed, fullsize sleeper sofa and private porch or balcony
Disney’s Contemporary Resort Dining
Conveniently located across from Magic Kingdom park, Disney’s Contemporary Resort offers classic yet contemporary, award-winning American fare for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Table Service Dining
- California Grill — Savor the finest in Californian cooking, as you take in the sights of Seven Seas Lagoon and Magic Kingdom® Park.
- The Wave…of American Flavors — Delight in fresh American cuisine at this stylishly contemporary restaurant and lounge.
Disney Character Dining
- Chef Mickey’s — Join some favorite Disney friends for a fun-filled feast at Disney’s Contemporary Resort.
Quick Service Dining
- Contempo Cafe — Take time out for a tasty, casual breakfast, lunch or dinner! Stave off hunger with steel-cut oatmeal, eggs, French toast, bakery items, burgers, sandwiches, flatbreads, pasta entrées and more.
- California Grill Lounge — Enjoy pre-dinner cocktails and first-come, first-served seating in the lounge offering the same menu as the restaurant.
- Outer Rim – Admire stunning views of Bay Lake with specialty cocktails before—or after—dinner. Try a Piña CoLAVA, Red Stag Lemonade, Blue “Glow-tini” or more! A full bar menu is also available.
- The Wave Lounge – Immerse yourself in a “swell” time at this stylish bar inside The Wave… of American Flavors restaurant. Serving organic beer, New World wines and trendy cocktails, this elegant oasis promises a chic retreat for adults looking to unwind.
- Contemporary Grounds – There’s coffee in your future at this sleek counter featuring gourmet coffees, iced tea, hot chocolate, smoothies and assorted baked goods. It’s the perfect place to perk up real quick before hitting the parks!
- The Sand Bar – Picnic poolside with burgers, hot dogs and more. Tropical cocktails, draft beer, sangria and wine make it even more fun! Or cool off with a full bar menu and some AC inside the enclosed bar. Dessert items are also available.
- Cove Bar – Find specialty cocktails, beer, wine, wraps and salads at this private poolside bar for Guests of Bay Lake Tower and Disney Vacation Club members.
- Disney Resorts Room Service: Get tasty classics like oven-fresh pizza, salad, chicken strips and more delivered directly to your room when staying at a select Disney Resort hotel. 6AM to midnight
Disney’s Contemporary Resort Recreation
- 2 Pools
- Feature Pool – From a waterslide to our relaxing spas, there’s something fun for everyone at Disney’s Contemporary Resort. Soak up the sun amid marina views and white-sand beaches at our main “Feature Pool” (blissfully heated for all-weather comfort)—or make a splash shooting down our 17-foot-high, curving waterslide!Need to pamper yourself? Rent a poolside cabana by the hour or day, and enjoy a private retreat with flat-screen TV, iPod docking station, Resort phone and mini-fridge!
- Bay Lake Pool – While your kids enjoy the fountains and waterspouts of our futuristic water playground, parents can retreat to the nearby Bay Lake Pool—an all-ages leisure pool where loud noises and splashing are gently discouraged.
- Contemporary Campfire Activities – Gather ’round the campfire for good times, gooey marshmallows, stories and songs.
- Movies Under the Stars – Join us for complimentary screenings of favorite Disney films, evenings on the lawn behind the Contemporary Tower.
- Motorized Boat Rentals – Cruise around Bay Lake and Seven Seas Lagoon aboard a motorized boat from the Boat Nook Marina.
- Volleyball – Enjoy a friendly beach volleyball match on the lakeside court.
- Fishing – Enjoy a guided bass-fishing excursion—perfect for amateur wranglers and seasoned fishermen alike.
- Jogging Trails – A jogging path loops around Bay Lake Tower and the South Garden Wing for a just-under-1-mile jaunt.
- Basketball – Shoot around or get up a game at the full-sized basketball court located nearby
- Lakeside Yoga – Start your day out in the best way possible!
- Pirates & Pals Fireworks Voyage – Grab yer mateys to feast on tasty treats—and then embark on a cruise of Seven Seas Lagoon. During your voyage, you may encounter some fearsome pirates and behold a spectacular fireworks finale!
- The Game Station Arcade – The Game Station is back and even better than before! Discover high-octane thrills in this arcade located on the 4th floor of the Contemporary Tower.
- Electrical Water Pageant – Add some twinkling charm to each evening of your stay during a delightful nighttime water parade!
Kid’s Nite Out Babysitting
Kid’s Nite Out caregivers can provide one-on-one in-room childcare in the comfort of a Walt Disney World® Resort room. The professional staff of Kid’s Nite Out gives the child individual attention by playing a variety of fun-filled activities with him/her including reading books, coloring, or playing “I Spy” games. They can also provide a fun, well-trained sitter to just hang out with the family if they need a father’s/mother’s helper. Kid’s Nite Out also plans and works children’s parties, camps, and children’s theme conventions.
- Advance reservations are required – please call 7 days a week from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Services available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at all Walt Disney World Resorts
- 4-hour minimum required – children ages 6 months to 12 years old
- Guests can call up to 90 Days in advance. Will try to accommodate same-day calls or unusual hours.
- Cancellations require 24 hours notice to avoid the 4-hour minimum charge
Disney’s Contemporary Resort FAQs
Can you walk from Contemporary Resort to Magic Kingdom theme park?
Yes. The walkway between the Contemporary and the Magic Kingdom is entirely paved and well-lit if you happen to be walking at night. Plenty of guests use the walkway, and Disney security cast members are always nearby.
Is there a health club or fitness center at Disney’s Contemporary Resort?
Yes. Shape up at Olympiad Fitness Center—a full-service facility featuring exercise equipment.
Are Disney’s Contemporary Resort pools heated?
Yes. Pools are heated to 82°F/28°C year round.
How many pools are at the Disney’s Contemporary Resort?
Two. Disney’s Contemporary Resort features the “Feature Pool” and Bay Lake Pool
Can you see fireworks from Disney’s Contemporary Resort?
Yes. Widely considered the best place to view Magic Kingdom fireworks without being in the park, this resort offers several night sky viewing options.
Does Disney’s Contemporary Resort have laundry service?
Enjoy a 24-hour self-service laundry room on the 2nd floor, plus dry-cleaning and valet laundry services.
Does Disney’s Contemporary Resort have an airport shuttle?
Yes. Disney offers an airport shuttle (Disney’s Magical Express) from the Orlando International Airport (MCO) for resort guests. We recommend confirming your flight details with the resort or your Destinations in Florida travel agent.
Disney’s Contemporary Resort E-Brochure
- Click Here to view, print or even share an E-Brochure for Disney’s Beach Club Resort
Disney’s Contemporary Resort Videos
4600 North World Drive Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8413