Celebrate the spirit of the South Pacific at this oasis of tropical palms, lush vegetation and so much more. From moonlit nights immersed in the outdoor island ambience to the exotic tastes of our world-class restaurants, discover the signature tropical atmosphere that’s made Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort a favorite Disney destination.
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort (formerly Disney’s Polynesian Resort from 1985 to 2014) is a Disney-owned and operated AAA Four-Diamond Award–winning Deluxe resort located at the Walt Disney World Resort. It began operation on October 1, 1971 as one of Walt Disney World Resort’s first two on-site hotels.
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort offers bus service to all 4 Disney theme parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom), both water parks (Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach water park), and Disney Springs.
In addition to bus transportation to Disney parks, Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort is one of three monorail loop resorts (with Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa and Disney’s Contemporary Resort), providing transportation to Disney’s Magic Kingdom theme park, as well as Epcot (through the Ticket and Transportation Center).
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort Rooms
Typical Standard rooms include a parking area view, garden view, lagoon view, or monorail view, with one king bed and one single day bed or two queen beds and one single day bed. The rooms have 404 sq. ft. of total area and accommodate up to five Guests plus one child under age 3 in a crib.
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort contains 480+ Guest rooms in longhouses, 20 Bungalows, and 5 Suites. Guests choosing Club Level accommodations at the King Kamehameha Club receive personalized concierge service and lounge with continental breakfast, midday snacks and evening wine, hors d’oeuvres, cordials and desserts.
- Alarm Clock
- Mini Refrigerator
- Coffee maker
- Hair Dryer
- In-Room Safe
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Table & Chairs
- Television – ABC, Disney Channel, ESPN & more
- Vanity Area
- Voice Mail
- Free WiFi
Check-in time is 4 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m. Guests may check in at the front desk or the My Disney Experience app as early as 8 a.m. and if the room is not ready, store your bags with Luggage Services and head for the theme parks.
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort Villas & Bungalows
Escape to an enchanting oasis of swaying palms, tropical surroundings and an island ambience that evokes the languid spirit of the South Pacific. Disney Vacation Club Polynesian Villas & Bungalows makes its home at one of the original—and legendary— Walt Disney World® Resort hotels.
Deluxe Studios accommodate up to five Guests, plus one child under age 3 in a crib, and have a one queen size bed, one queen-size sleep sofa and one single pull-down bed with a private porch or balcony.
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort Bungalows
Bungalows accommodate up to eight Guests, plus one child under age 3 in a crib, and offer a fully equipped kitchen, master bedroom, second bedroom, living room, washer & dryer, and a private deck with plunge pool and lounge furniture.
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort Dining
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort offers a number of dining options for your Disney vacation. Indulge in culinary delights from the islands at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. Savor tropical specialties from the South Pacific, Asian-infused dishes, and American classics for breakfast, lunch and dinner or sip Polynesian cocktails by torchlight.
Casual Table Service Dining
- Disney’s Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show — Experience the “aloha spirit” at a lively luau with an all-you-care-to-enjoy feast, fiery dance performers and more.
- Kona Café — Dine on continental cuisine with an Asian flair, featuring an open kitchen showcasing the talents of our sushi chefs.
Disney Character Dining
- ‘Ohana — Delight the kids with Lilo & Stitch at a playful breakfast or relish family time at a festive Polynesian themed dinner
Quick Service Dining
- Captain Cook’s — Discover a bounty of classic and South-Seas inspired offerings – from breakfast, lunch and dinner to late night.
- Barefoot Pool Bar — Celebrate your escape – sans shoes if you will – to a South Pacific-inspired oasis at the base of looming Nanea Volcano.
- Kona Island — Enjoy coffee beverages and pastries in the morning then made-to-order sushi and appetizers starting from noon.
- Oasis Bar & Grill — Find a host of healthy salads as well as items from the grill – including burgers, wings and more.
- Pineapple Lanai — Pay homage to the pineapple – symbol of hospitality and sweet treat – with a refreshing frozen DOLE WHIP®.
- Tambu Lounge — Great Ceremonial House – Try a tropical drink at this tribute to the tiki god, featuring a full bar of libations and Hawaiian-inspired pupus.
- Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto – You grotto check out this tropical tiki bar that captures the romance of the South Seas through unique food and drinks. Be sure to arrive early! It’s a popular spot that fills up and may require a wait to enter.
- Trader Sam’s Tiki Terrace – Enjoy the live music and lush island vibe of this outdoor lounge while sipping an exotic cocktail like the Polynesian Pearl or Tahitian Torch—courtesy of Jungle Cruise “head” salesman and mixologist Trader Sam himself—plus great food from Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto!
- Pizza delivery (room service): Get tasty classics like oven-fresh pizza, salad, chicken strips and more delivered directly to your room when staying at a select Disney Resort hotel. 6AM to midnight
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort Recreation
- 2 Pools
- Lava Pool – Make a splash at this pool which features a towering volcano, a waterfall and a thrilling 142 foot-long waterslide. A zero-depth entry point, similar to a beach, slopes gently into the pool making for easy entry and exit. Nearby, a lounge and bar offer refreshments and snacks.
- Oasis Pool – Nestled amid a lush garden, this all-ages leisure pool promises a more tranquil swim for those looking to relax and unwind.
- Polynesian Campfire Activities – Gather ’round the campfire for good times, gooey marshmallows, stories and songs.
- Movies Under the Stars – Join us for complimentary screenings of favorite Disney films, evenings on the Great Ceremonial House Lawn.
- Motorized Boat Rentals – Cruise around Seven Seas Lagoon aboard one of the motorized boats from Seven Seas Marina.
- Volleyball – Enjoy a friendly volleyball match on a sandy court located between the Hawaii and Tahiti buildings
- Fishing – Enjoy a guided bass-fishing excursion—perfect for amateur wranglers and seasoned fishermen alike.
- Jogging Trails – Enjoy views of Magic Kingdom park, Disney’s Wedding Pavilion and more as you jog along the lagoon.
- Electrical Water Pageant – Add some twinkling charm to each evening of your stay during a delightful nighttime water parade!
Kid’s Nite Out Babysitting
Kid’s Nite Out caregivers can provide one-on-one in-room childcare in the comfort of a Walt Disney World® Resort room. The professional staff of Kid’s Nite Out gives the child individual attention by playing a variety of fun-filled activities with him/her including reading books, coloring, or playing “I Spy” games. They can also provide a fun, well-trained sitter to just hang out with the family if they need a father’s/mother’s helper. Kid’s Nite Out also plans and works children’s parties, camps, and children’s theme conventions.
- Advance reservations are required – please call 7 days a week from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Services available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at all Walt Disney World Resorts
- 4-hour minimum required – children ages 6 months to 12 years old
- Guests can call up to 90 Days in advance. Will try to accommodate same-day calls or unusual hours.
- Cancellations require 24 hours notice to avoid the 4-hour minimum charge
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort FAQs
Is Moana at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort?
Moana is currently out voyaging, and is not available to meet Guests at Walt Disney World
Which characters are at Ohana breakfast?
‘Ohana character breakfast is a character dining experience and that means characters will walk around the dining area and come to your table. The characters include Lilo, Stitch, Pluto, & Mickey
Is there a health club or fitness center at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort?
Yes. Invigorate your spirits at Senses ?Spa???—a Victorian-themed, full-service spa offering massages, body treatments and more.
Are Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort pools heated?
Yes. Pools are heated to 82°F/28°C year round.
How many pools are at the Polynesian Resort?
Two. Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort features the Lava Pool and Oasis Pool.
Can you see fireworks from Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort?
Yes. The Polynesian provides excellent views of the Wishes fireworks show at Disney’s Magic Kingdom.
Does Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort have laundry service?
A 24-hour self-service laundry room is available near Lilo’s Playhouse. For dry cleaning and valet laundry service, please select “Housekeeping” on your Guest Room phone.
Does Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort have an airport shuttle?
Yes. Disney offers an airport shuttle (Disney’s Magical Express) from the Orlando International Airport (MCO) for resort guests. We recommend confirming your flight details with the resort or your Destinations in Florida travel agent.
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort E-Brochure
- Click Here to view, print or even share an E-Brochure for Disney’s Beach Club Resort
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort Videos
1600 Seven Seas Drive Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8423