We are so excited that you found us and are ready to make a career change in 2020. We are looking for a new team of travel agents that want to work part time or full time selling family travel.
Our company is located in Florida, but we are looking for travel agents that live anywhere within the continental United States. Our team works from home or while traveling.
Imagine working by the pool at a Universal Orlando Resort or by the ocean with a spectacular view of the sunset. That is the life of a travel professional. If this is you, read more about joining our team below.
Who is Destinations to Explore?
Destinations to Explore has been selling family travel for over 20 years. We have 300+ agents on our team. We are a top seller of family destinations around the world. Click on this link to learn more about our media, recognitions, and accolades.
Destinations to Explore is owned by Tim & Allison Jones. You may have seen them in Disney World & Disney Cruise commercials, in SeaWorld commercials, in hotel advertisements like Now Onyx, in partnership with Trip Advisor, on YouTube as Jones Family Travels, or in one of these media outlets (below) promoting travel.
More About Joining Our Team
We know you will have a lot of questions about joining our team. Here are a few questions to see if this is a good fit for you.
I Do Not Have any Travel Experience or Training? Can I Still Become a Travel Agent?
Yes. We will train you. We created a training with Travel Marketing Academy that will teach you how to sell travel. Our training is incredible and you can go from a travel fan to a travel agent. It is a one of a kind training, created in partnership with Travel Marketing Academy.
Do You Have Quotas?
We do NOT have quotas. As an Independent Contractor, you are responsible for your own hours, goals, and business. What you sell is completely up to you.
Do You Give Leads?
We do not give leads in this program. We will teach you how to create and build your business. We will even provide resources and checklists on how to market your business to bring in leads and build your business.
There are still opportunities to receive leads. We add a profile page to our website at Destinations in Florida for each of our agents. Many of our team get leads from their agent profile page. You can also sign up for leads through our marketing consortium at Travel Leaders (for an additional fee). Many of our team receive leads through this additional resource.
Benefits Selling Travel with Destinations to Explore
Here are some benefits working with Destinations to Explore:
- Discounts for YOU – This is my favorite perk in the travel industry and we hope you take full advantage of it. As a travel professional, you can order your travel agent card through CLIA. You can then take advantage of tons of freebies and discounts on travel for you. When you order your travel agent card you can save up to 60% off Disney Resorts, get discount Disney tickets, take advantage of select Disney Cruise deals for as little as $25 per person per night, save 50% off Sea World tickets, free iFLY flights, and more. We have even gotten into our local zoo for free. As a travel agent, you can enjoy so many travel related opportunities for free or at a discount price for you and your family. We will also share some insider knowledge to help you get free travel, too.
- Disney Approved Website – If you are interested in selling Disney Destinations, you can set up a free Disney website. It takes just a few minutes to set up. This website is approved by Disney and managed by Disney, so you are always up to date with the latest information. You can also create your own blog or website and we have plenty of resources to help you set that up.
- Document Shipping – We do not charge for shipping the guest documents to you or materials (like flyers or brochures) to you.
- Initial Agent Training with Travel Marketing Academy – As we mentioned earlier, you do not have to be a travel agent to work with us. We train you. In our initial training via Travel Marketing Academy, you can take this course in your leisure. It can take 4-6 hours to complete your initial agency training. We even have checklists to help you with every step of the booking and planning process, after you get that booking. This helps eliminate any mistakes for new agents. You follow our checklists with every booking.
- Travel Leaders – We pay for a marketing consortium to help you make more commission on your bookings with our preferred partners, offer your clients exclusive discounts that only Travel Leaders members can provide, additional trainings and marketing support. You can even sign up to get leads via Travel Leaders.
- Newsletters – Send weekly or monthly travel newsletters automatically to your network from your favorite suppliers through Travel Leaders. In addition, we provide content for you. This is a huge perk, you can literally copy and paste “ready to go” newsletters to your database. This saves you hours and hours coming up with content to market your business.
- Marketing Resources – We provide you tons of exclusive marketing resources (created just for our team) including travel videos, marketing graphics, and travel pictures.
- Postcards/Travel Magazines – You can purchase postcards or travel magazines to mail out to your network. You only pay for the stamps! The materials and personnel shipping them out are free.
- Preferred Partners – We work with select preferred partners and use something we like to call the “power of the agency”. Working with preferred partners gives our agents a higher commission on their bookings, making more money with our agency than other companies. For example, we make 14% commission on Universal Orlando while most travel agencies only make 10%. For a $2500 package, that is an extra $100! Some of our preferred partners include; Disney Cruise Line, Adventures by Disney, Sandals, Beaches, Travel Leaders partners, Norwegian, Royal Caribbean, Carnival, and more. You make more money per booking with us!
- Awards and Recognitions – Our agency has been in business for over 20 years. We just celebrated our 20th anniversary. We were one of the 1st Authorized Disney Vacation Planners and have been invited back every year through 2020. We also have received additional awards including Gator100 for 2015 and 2016, Disney Top Sales Performer for 2009 & 2011, and 2015 Earmark Partner Award. We also recently received the 2018 Top Seller Award from Disney World. We have also been a Mark Travel 500 Club Member for the past 6 years. In addition, we have also been recognized in hundreds of media outlets and over 800 websites consider our company their preferred travel agency. As one of our team, you can use these awards and recognitions to help build your business. You can learn more about our accolades.
- Team Blog – We have an agent blog for our team; dedicated to helping you build your business with tips, marketing, and fun.
- Sales Consultant – We have a Sales Consultant ready to help you with any questions on building your business, marketing, and more.
- CLIA & IATA Member – We are a member of CLIA & IATA that provides you additional trainings and resources in the travel industry. You also can order your CLIA travel agent card that provides additional discounts for travel agents in the industry.
- Masterminds FB Group – We offer an exclusive TMA Masterminds Groups, just for our team. This group is only for our team. You will find some great marketing ideas to help build your business from our leadership team and fellow agents.
Contact Us for More Information or to Start Today!
If you are ready to start selling travel part time or full time, email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete this quick form below. Our Office Manager will be in touch via email with more specific details on joining our team.