Legendary elegance and lavish décor combine with impeccable service and spectacular views to create an exceptional style that pampers guests and responds to every whim. Live lobby entertainment by the Grand Floridian Orchestra, multi-paneled arch windows, turn-of-the-century gas lamps, regal chandeliers, and a world-class spa define quintessential luxury at Disney’s flagship Deluxe Resort Hotel.
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort
Located along the Magic Kingdom monorail loop (providing ready access to all Disney resort theme parks), the Grand Floridian Resort & Spa represents all the luxury and panache expected from a top-tier resort.
With views of the Seven Seas Lagoon and the Magic Kingdom, the Grand Floridian offers 6 full-service restaurants, one Quick Service dining location, 2 pools, 3 lounges, and all the spa amenities one would expect from a full-service spa experience.
The resort contains 867 rooms among 6 buildings with an average size of 400 square feet (37 square meters). Modeled after the Mount Washington Resort in New Hampshire and the Hotel del Coronado in California, the Grand Floridian Resort in Orlando follows the Victorian style beach resorts built along Florida’s East Coast during the late 19th and early 20th centuries.
The resort’s outer lodge buildings — Sago Cay, Sugarloaf Key, Conch Key, Boca Chica, and Big Pine Key—are named for islands in the Florida Keys.
The hotel’s main building features a five-story lobby, a replica cage elevator, stained glass domes, and Italian marble floors with inlays of various Disney characters. During daytime hours, a grand pianist performs in the main lobby while a house orchestra plays on the second-floor balcony every evening.
Walt Disney wanted resorts along the Magic Kingdom monorail loop to mirror lands inside the Magic Kingdom. The Polynesian Resort reflects Adventureland, the Contemporary Resort models Tomorrowland, and the Grand Floridian shows reflections of Main Street, U.S.A.
In 2011, the Grand Floridian Spa and Health Club underwent an extensive 18 month remodel. In 2013, the hotel completed a remodel of all pool areas along with the installation of a beachside fire pit and children’s water area themed to Disney’s Alice in Wonderland.
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa Rooms
The Grand Floridian includes standard rooms, deluxe rooms, club level rooms, and suites.
Typical Standard rooms with a Garden View, Pool View, or Marina View includes 2 queen beds and one single day bed with 448 sq. ft. of total area. Standard rooms accommodate up to five guests plus one child under age 3 in a crib.
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort contains 850+ Guest rooms, 100+ Villas, 24 Suites. The suites include the Victorian Suite, the Roy O. Disney Suite, the Walt Disney Suite, and the Grand Suite.
Guests choosing Club Level accommodations at the Old Faithful Club receive personalized concierge service and lounge with continental breakfast, midday snacks and evening wine, hors d’oeuvres, cordials, and desserts.
- Alarm Clock
- Mini Fridge
- Hair Dryer
- Coffee maker
- In-Room Safe
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Table & Chairs
- Television – ABC, Disney Channel, ESPN & more
- Vanity Area
- Voice Mail
- Free WiFi
The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Completed in 2013, the Disney Vacation Club building at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa houses 147 villas and studios. The Villas continue the theme of Victorian-era Palm Beach resorts found in the Grand Floridian while catering to the needs of DVC guests.
The Grand Floridian features its own lobby and porte cochere, and guests can check-in and out and access concierge services without needing to visit the Main Building. The Villas also include a leisure area (including barbecue pit) adjacent to the resort’s spa. A covered walkway links the Villas to the main building.
Grand Floridian Villas
Deluxe Studios accommodate up to five Guests, plus one child under age 3 in a crib, and offer a kitchenette, one queen bed, one queen sleeper sofa, and one single pull-down bed and private porch or balcony.
One-Bedroom Villas accommodate up to eight guests, plus one child under age 3 in a crib, and offer a fully equipped kitchen, master bedroom, living room, washer & dryer, and a private porch or balcony.
Two-Bedroom Villas accommodate up to nine Guests, plus one child under age 3 in a crib, and offer a fully equipped kitchen, master bedroom, second bedroom, living room, washer & dryer, and a private porch or balcony.
Three Bedroom Villas
Three Bedroom Villas accommodate up to twelve guests, plus one child under age 3 in a crib, and offer a fully equipped kitchen, master bedroom, second bedroom, third bedroom, media room, washer & dryer, and a private porch or balcony.
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa Dining
Amid elegant Victorian surroundings, Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa offers distinctive dining selections for breakfast, lunch, and dinner to please almost any palate.
Table Service Dining
- Cítricos — Experience a gastronomic indulgence of Mediterranean inspired cuisine paired with an award-winning wine list.
- Grand Floridian Café — Enjoy the airy ambiance of a Victorian manor serving up American classics in the English countryside.
- Narcoossee’s — Dine in a waterfront setting with freshly caught seafood and fabulous views of Seven Seas Lagoon.
- Victoria & Albert’s — Enjoy award-winning haute cuisine with classic elegance, including fine china, sterling silverware, and crystal stemware.
Disney Character Dining
- 1900 Park Fare — Enchant your little ones with a tea party or buffet in a carousel-themed dining room – hosted by Disney Characters!
Quick Service Dining
- Gasparilla Island Grill — Choose from an array of salads, soups, sandwiches and more – including late-night pizza offerings
- Beaches Pool Bar & Grill — Sip a refreshing signature cocktail and enjoy classic American snacks at this laid-back bar on the beach.
- Cítricos Lounge — Stop by the lounge for a glass of wine or snifter of scotch before dinner at their namesake restaurant.
- Garden View Tea Room — Give props to your pinky finger with dainty teacups and darling tea cozies at this traditional tea room.
- Enchanted Rose Lounge — Please your palate with delectable dishing and shimmering sips when you visit this newly imagined lounge inspired by Beauty and the Beast.
- Disney Resort Room Service: Get tasty classics like oven-fresh pizza, salad, chicken strips and more delivered directly to your room when staying at a select Disney Resort hotel. 6AM to midnight
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort Amenities
There are so many amazing family amenities at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort.
- 2 Pools
- Courtyard Pool: Escape to a serene environment at this zero-entry leisure pool, conveniently located behind the main building. Offering a calm and peaceful swimming experience, the heated Courtyard Pool descends to a maximum depth of nearly 5 feet and features an adjacent whirlpool spa. Towels are available at the pool and lifejackets are available at The Captain’s Shipyard. Pools lifts and other access options can be arranged for Guests with disabilities or limited mobility. For assistance, please contact the Resort Front Desk or speak to a Cast Member.
- Beach Pool: Located beachside between the main resort and Villas, the zero-entry Beach Pool offers an Alice in Wonderland water playground for children, as well as a waterslide, cabanas, and pool bar.
- Children’s pool and water park
- Poolside Cabanas – Indulge in a private cabana at the whimsical Beach Pool, adjacent to the shore of Seven Seas Lagoon.
- Jogging Trail: Interconnecting jogging trail approximately one mile in length
- Arcade: Arcadia Games connected to Gasparilla Island Grill
- Senses Spa and Fitness Center: Senses – A Disney Spa is located adjacent to the Villas building and also houses a 24-hour fitness center for the use of Grand Floridian and Polynesian guests.
- Children’s playground
- Grand Floridian Campfire Activities – Gather ‘round as the sun goes down for old-fashioned family fun as you roast marshmallows by a crackling fire.
- Marina/Boat Rental at the Captain’s Shipyard – Cruise around the lagoon aboard a motorized boat, available from the Marina.
- Specialty Cruises – Set sail on a specialty cruise around Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake.
- Movies Under the Stars – Watch favorite Disney films in the great outdoors during complimentary nighttime screenings.
- Ivy Trellis: a hair and beauty salon
- Convention Center: Situated to the right of the lobby upon exiting, the Grand Floridian features its own convention center.
- Electrical Water Pageant View
- Disney’s Wedding Pavilion: Disney’s Wedding Chapel located on the property.
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort FAQs
We get a lot of questions about Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa. Here are a few of the popular FAQ answered for you.
How much does it cost to stay at the Grand Floridian Resort?
Grand Floridian room night costs vary by room type and time of year. Outer Building rooms range from $982 to $1,156 per night (currently), Standard rooms range from $1,027 to $1,185 per night (currently), and Club Level rooms range from $1,159 to $1,263 per night (currently)
Can you see the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the Grand Floridian?
Yes. The Grand Floridian offers spectacular views of the Magic Kingdom fireworks and Cinderella Castle. For the best viewing spot, we recommend the Marina area.
Can you walk from the Grand Floridian to the Magic Kingdom park?
Currently, you cannot walk from the Grand Floridian to the Magic Kingdom park. However, Disney is completing a new walkway that will allow Guests to walk from the resort to the theme park.
Do all the rooms at the Grand Floridian resort have balconies?
Yes. Each room at the Grand Floridian does have a private balcony or patio. You will find a garden, lagoon, or theme park views from the balconies or patios.
Are the Grand Floridian pools heated?
Yes. Pools are heated to 82°F/28°C year-round.
Does the Grand Floridian have a food court?
Yes. Gasparilla Island Grill is a counter service restaurant with a standard food court menu, and it is open for guests 24-hours a day.
Do Grand Floridian rooms have microwaves?
The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa have a microwave in the room. If you stay in the standard, non-Villa accommodations, microwaves are available for the rooms upon request.
Do Grand Floridian rooms have refrigerators?
Yes. All rooms at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa have small refrigerators in the room. However, there is no freezer portion.
Does Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort have laundry service?
24-hour self-service laundry rooms are available on the second floor of the main building, as well as on the ground floors of most buildings with Guest Rooms.
For dry cleaning and valet laundry service, please select “Housekeeping” on your Guest Room phone.
Does Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa have an airport shuttle?
Yes. Disney offers an airport shuttle (Disney’s Magical Express) from the Orlando International Airport (MCO) for resort guests. We recommend confirming your flight details with the resort or your Destinations in Florida travel agent.
FREE Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort E-Brochure
We wanted to share an amazing resource with you at home. Click Here to view, print or even share an E-Brochure for Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa. This is a great resource and it is free!
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort and Spa Videos
Are you ready to start planning your Disney World vacation?