Are you dreaming about a Disney World summer vacation? We have (2) new discounts for YOU! Hurry, these discounts are booking up quickly.
Spring is in bloom at EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival! This festival kicked off this month and continues through July 5, 2023. EPCOT will blossom with innovative topiaries, fresh flavors and high-energy concerts for the whole family to enjoy.
Over 127 days, guests can explore lush gardens, sample sweet and savory bites with refreshing sips, and shop new merchandise collections featuring Orange Bird, Snow White and Figment. Starting at sunset, festival guests can celebrate with a vibrant spectacle of light on Spaceship Earth set to a fresh and fun new soundtrack.
Enchanting Topiaries and Bright Blossoms
Making their debut this year, topiaries of Mirabel, Antonio, Isabela and Luisa from Disney Animation’s Academy Award-winning “Encanto” greet guests in the main entrance of EPCOT. Each imaginative topiary features details inspired by each character, including Isabela creating beautiful flowers between her hands and an illuminated butterfly for Mirabel.
A new topiary of Princess Tiana from the Walt Disney Animation Studios classic “The Princess and the Frog” graces The American Adventure in World Showcase featuring a stunning ballgown and illuminated fireflies. In the France pavilion, Lumiere and Cogsworth topiaries return with innovative new elements, including lit candles for Lumiere and a working clock for Cogsworth.
More than 200,000 bedding plants are added to the gardens of EPCOT for the festival, including an additional 60,000 bedding plants that create the iconic floral designs that make up the World Celebration East & West Lakes. The Dragon topiary, located in the Japan pavilion, is composed of sun-loving succulent plants, adding bursts of colors to the nearly 20-foot-long display.
Because this year’s festival will be celebrated across two seasons, plant displays will also evolve with the weather, making for true seasonal beauty and detail. Guests visiting during both spring and summer months may see new selections as the season changes.
Find Fresh Flavors at Outdoor Kitchens
With more than 15 Outdoor Kitchens located throughout the park, guests can enjoy the freshest flavors as spring gives way to summer, including more than 50 new food and drink items.
Citrus flavors abound at The Citrus Blossom, now located at the Odyssey, including Orange Sesame Tempura Shrimp with Orange-Chile Sauce; Citrus Baked Brie with preserved lemon marmalade, limoncello-macerated blueberries and spiced Marcona almonds; and a light and airy lemon meringue pie.
Befitting Princess Tiana’s residence nearby, Magnolia Terrace in the American Adventure pavilion features a menu with several new Louisiana-inspired bites and sips, including Muffuletta Panini with ham, salami, mortadella, provolone, and Swiss with olive salad; Crawfish Pie, Bananas Foster Bread Pudding and Bayou Cocktail, featuring Bayou spiced rum, coconut rum, fruit punch, and orange juice. The crowd-pleasing Spicy Chicken Gumbo with andouille sausage and BEN’S ORIGINAL™ Long Grain & Wild Rice returns to round out the menu.
To showcase the freshest flavors of the season, EPCOT Farmers Feast near Test Track® presented by Chevrolet® will offer a rotating menu, changing three times throughout the festival, featuring the finest local ingredients. Highlights include Spice Cake with cream cheese icing and candied pecans and parsnip on the Early Bloom Menu; Grilled Swordfish with crushed fingerling potatoes, pea and mint purée, grilled asparagus, and lemon beurre blanc on the Springtime Menu; and Sweet Corn Crème Brûlée with corn biscotti on the Summer Solstice Menu.
Guests can also take a tasty tour through the gardens and explore EPCOT with Garden Graze, a fresh food stroll highlighting 11 delicious sweet and savory plant-based offerings – all listed in the Festival Passport.
Captivating Concerts Nightly at Garden Rocks
The ever-popular Garden Rocks Concert Series returns to the America Garden Theatre this spring featuring internationally recognized artists Friday through Monday and local Orlando talent rocking the house Tuesday through Thursday. This year’s lineup includes:
- Smash Mouth
- Blue Oyster Cult (New)
- The Pointer Sisters
- Luis Figueroa (New)
- Piso 21 (New)
- Switchfoot (New)
- AJ Croce (New)
- Casting Crowns (New)
- Jason Scheff (New)
- Plain White T’s
- Simple Plan
- And many others!
Are you ready to experience the EPCOT Flower & Garden Festival?
Saving the galaxy this time is gonna take more than a dance-off! Guests visiting EPCOT at Walt Disney World Resort better get ready to crank up the mixtape and blast off on an awesome intergalactic chase through time and space in Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind!
This new family-thrill coaster matches the “grandiosity” and fun of the blockbuster “Guardians of the Galaxy” films, featuring those legendary cosmic outlaws – Rocket, Groot, Drax, Gamora and Star-Lord (a.k.a. Peter Quill). The innovative attraction is another major milestone in the ongoing transformation of EPCOT and debuts as part of the Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary celebration.
Located in the park’s newly renamed World Discovery neighborhood, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind is the first “other-world” showcase pavilion at EPCOT. Xandarians traveled from their homeworld in the Andromeda Galaxy to Earth – or Terra, as they call it – to create the Wonders of Xandar pavilion, inviting EPCOT guests to learn more about their people and their advanced technologies. That is … until something goes wrong and the Xandarians call the Guardians of the Galaxy for help.
The First ‘Other-World’ Showcase Pavilion
Star-Lord visited EPCOT as a child and loved the experience so much, he suggested the Disney park as the perfect place for Xandarians to connect with Terrans. The Wonders of Xandar pavilion features three main sections:
- The Galaxarium is a sweeping planetarium-style space showcasing planets, stars and other intergalactic wonders that connect Terra and Xandar – reinforcing the notion that we’re all born of the same space dust. The Xandarian supercomputer, Worldmind, provides narration in the Galaxarium and gives context to the stunning visuals.
- In the Xandar Gallery, guests learn more about the Xandarian people, culture and history – including the heroes of Xandar – through specially crafted displays including models of starships and a Xandarian city. The gallery also features excerpts from “Good Morning Xandar,” where a host interviews the Guardians of the Galaxy about their heroic deeds.
- The pavilion tour concludes in the Phase Chamber, where guests instantly teleport from EPCOT to a Nova Corps Starcharter cruiser orbiting Earth. Here they learn about the Cosmic Generator, a piece of Xandarian technology that creates jump points – artificial tunnels in space allowing for rapid travel across vast distances.
An Intergalactic Chase Through Time and Space
Upon reaching the Starcharter, guests quickly realize things are not going according to plan – or even 12 percent of a plan – when a massive being appears outside the ship …
- Eson, a Celestial, has been watching Earth for eons and now intends to use the Cosmic Generator to jump back in time and change the course of humanity.
- Nova Prime Irani Rael commands her top officer, Centurion Tal Marik, to contact the Guardians of the Galaxy right away and ask for their assistance (again).
- The Terrans must evacuate the ship via Starjumper shuttles – small escape pods that launch from the Starcharter cruiser.
- When the Guardians arrive on the scene, they reprogram the Starjumpers so guests can help them track down Eson, following the Celestial through a jump point on an intergalactic chase to save the galaxy. As Drax so matter-of-factly points out as guests prepare for their journey … if they can’t help stop Eson, “then you are likely doomed.”
A New Kind of Family Thrill
Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind offers several “firsts,” including:
- The first coaster attraction at EPCOT.
- The first reverse launch for a Disney coaster.
- The first Disney Omnicoaster, where vehicles make controlled rotations to always keep guests focused on the action.
- The first Walt Disney World attraction to feature the Guardians of the Galaxy.
An ‘Awesome Mix’ for an Awesome Coaster
Just like the “Guardians of the Galaxy” films, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind weaves classic pop music – or “poet sorcery,” as Gamora would say – into the fabric of its experience. The attraction’s onboard audio cranks hit tunes from the ’70s and ‘80s as guests race through the cosmos.
- Disney Imagineers tested more than 100 potential songs for the attraction.
- Imagineers used a combination of virtual and physical rides to assess which tracks best matched the spirit and movement of the coaster, finally choosing six songs in their original classic versions:
- “Disco Inferno”
- “Everybody Wants to Rule the World”
- “I Ran”
- “One Way or Another”
- Guests won’t know which song they’ll hear each time they ride until they jump into space with the Guardians.
The Broker Offers Treasures of Xandar
Guests can hunt for Guardians of the Galaxy-themed fashions, accessories, home décor, collectibles and toys at the Treasures of Xandar shop, located at the Wonders of Xandar pavilion. The Xandarians hired The Broker to operate this new merchandise location on Terra, which debuts several new product lines, including:
- What if the Guardians were rock stars? Inspired by vintage concert merchandise of the 1980s, the Heroes of Xandar Collection imagines all of the gear and memorabilia fans would collect during the Guardians’ fictional intergalactic tour.
- The 1980s nostalgia continues with a bold and colorful line celebrating Peter Quill’s childhood visit to EPCOT. The Guardians of the Galaxy: Through the Eyes of Quill Collection features retro silhouettes and graphic designs evoking decades past.
- After helping save the galaxy, guests of all ages are invited to show off their new hero status in style with the Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind – Honorary Guardians Collection. Honorary Guardians will be distinguished in their rank through the official Honorary Guardian colors of navy and gold paired with the Honorary Guardian emblem, which is proudly displayed on each item in the collection.
- The Groot Through the Years Collection celebrates the sentient tree-like creature and his journey to becoming a defender of the galaxy. The collection, which includes toys, home décor and children’s apparel, illustrates Groot’s evolution from baby to adolescent to adult.
Are you excited about this new roller coaster?
A perennial guest-favorite springtime event is now bursting with fragrant blossoms, seasonally inspired flavors, and lively entertainment. The EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival kicked off recently and runs through July 4, 2022.
This celebrating is cultivating fresh experiences for the entire family as part of the “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” honoring the Walt Disney World Resort 50th Anniversary.
Over the course of 125 days, the event is one of the longest flower and garden festivals in the United States. Encompassing more than 300 acres, the seasonal plantings change throughout the festival, offering evolving displays of vibrant hues, textures, shapes, and scents. Here’s what guests can discover:
Eye-Catching Topiaries, Brilliant Blossoms, Playful Fun
Nearly 100 individual topiaries, breathtaking garden spaces, exciting exhibits, and more are available to explore. A few highlights:
- Disney Character topiaries offer a perfect backdrop for springtime photos:
- A new main entrance display features Goofy with a birthday cake celebrating the Walt Disney World Resort 50th
- New topiaries of the Seven Dwarfs will accompany Snow White near the Germany pavilion in World Showcase.
- Returning favorites include Lumiere and Cogsworth topiaries in the France pavilion; Peter Pan, Captain Hook and Tick Tock Croc between the United Kingdom and Canada pavilions; and Pumbaa and Timon near Imagination!
- Near a topiary of Chef Remy in the newly expanded France pavilion in World Showcase, a new France Bouquet Garden invites guests to admire blooms perfect for a bouquet of cut flowers.
- On the bridge to World Showcase, guests can enjoy the sights and scents of spring at a new garden, Blossoms of Fragrance Presented by Scentsy. Surrounded by vibrant butterfly topiaries, guests can follow their noses to six scent stations – floral, fruity, citrus, spice, woods and fresh – to form lasting memories with the help of unforgettable aromas.
- Health Full Trail Presented by AdventHealth offers a fun way for families to play and learn how to stay healthy.
- Outdoor Escapes Presented by OFF!® Repellents lets guests enjoy a moment of relaxation while learning how easy it is to create an outdoor escape of their own.
- The Honey Bee-stro hosted by National Honey Board™ invites guests to learn about the critical role honey bees play in the environment.
- Bambi’s Butterfly House lets guests view a kaleidoscope of butterflies up close, showcasing their extraordinary beauty and colors.
- And, the ever-popular Green Landing Family Play Zone in World Discovery lets the little ones frolic with WALL-E in his eco-friendy garden.
The Return of Garden Rocks Concert Series
Live musical performances at the America Gardens Theatre are making their much-anticipated encore featuring internationally recognized artists Friday through Monday and local bands rocking the house Tuesday through Thursday. This year’s lineup includes:
- CeCe Winans
- Kool & The Gang
- Rick Springfield
- The Pointer Sisters
- Don McLean
- Collin Raye
- Blue October
- And many others!
With a Garden Rocks Dining Package (available for Friday through Monday concerts), guests can enjoy a leisurely meal at a select EPCOT restaurant and guaranteed seating at one of the performances later that same day.
Fresh Flavors at Outdoor Kitchens
Whether it’s on the plate or in the glass, the finest of spring’s bounty is showcased at nearly 20 Outdoor Kitchens offering a variety of tasty dishes, desserts, and specialty sips. Here is just a sampling of the more than 50 brand-new offerings:
- EPCOT Farmers Feast presents an abundance of flavor with a rotating seasonal menu that will change three times throughout the festival. Some highlights include:
- March 2 to April 9: “Early Bloom” Menu offers Chilled Potato and Leek Soup “Vichyssoise” with chive oil and crispy leeks; and Goat Cheese Creamsicle Pop – goat cheese crémeux, orange cream, olive oil cake, cranberry sauce, and praline
- April 10 to May 21: “Springtime” Menu will feature Grilled Vegetable Bruschetta with marinated peppers, zucchini, squash, artichokes, goat cheese, and balsamic glaze on grilled ciabatta
- May 22 to July 4: “Summer Solstice” Menu will feature A Whole Lotta Melon – feta cheesecake with watermelon curd, pickled watermelon rind, watermelon caramel, and compressed watermelon
- The Citrus Blossom bursts with intriguing flavors such as Crispy Mojo Marinated Pork Belly with avocado cream, corn salsa, salsa verde, and plantain chips; and the Grapefruit Tart featuring grapefruit curd, lychee jam, ginger mousse, and yuzu cream.
- La Isla Fresca showcases the Coconut Tres Leches: vanilla cake soaked in oat milk, almond milk, and coconut milk with toasted coconut.
- Tangierine Café serves up an herbal-inspired delight with the Mediterranean Flatbread with Za’atar, featuring artichokes, olives, mozzarella, and feta cheese.
Shoppers Will Buzz With Delight!
This year’s festival merchandise introduces five new collections to the event’s bountiful selection. Guests can visit Festival Markets throughout EPCOT to shop for official event merchandise, including:
- Orange Bird Collection, eye-catching fashions, accessories and adorable keepsakes
- Mickey Mouse Home Garden Collection, a vibrant assortment of apparel, drinkware, yard tools and other coordinating accessories
- Spike The Bee Collection, evoking nostalgia for longtime Disney fans with a variety of collectable novelties, apparel and accessores
- Figment’s Garden Collection, paying tribute to Figment’s love of all things purple – including beets
- The whimsical Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse Collection, featuring an array of items depicting those true originals in dapper ensembles ready for a stroll in the garden
Merchandise can be found at festival retail locations across EPCOT.
Food Stroll and Scavenger Hunt Encourage Exploration
Guests can have even more fun exploring the festival by participating in interactive experiences (separate purchase required):
- Garden Graze is a fun food stroll highlighting five delicious sweet and savory offerings listed in the Festival Passport. After their purchase, guests can complete the graze by collecting stamps in their passport to receive a special prize.
- Spike’s Pollen-Nation Exploration is a fun scavenger hunt for kids of all ages. Maps and stickers can be purchased at select merchandise locations (available while supplies last). Guests can then complete their map to receive a special prize.
New EPCOT Experiences Celebrate Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary
New experiences introduced as part of “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” offer even more ways to cultivate fresh experiences at this year’s festival:
- Guests can enjoy Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure in the France pavilion and join Chef Remy on a daring and epic culinary journey as they zip, dash and scurry through Gusteau’s bustling Paris restaurant.
- Also new at EPCOT is another delight for the senses: “Harmonious” – one of the largest nighttime spectaculars ever created for a Disney Park.
Are you ready to celebrate EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival?
Animal care experts from Walt Disney World Resort recently assisted the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission with the successful release of a 680-pound manatee named Plantaina at Blue Spring State Park, about 50 miles northeast of Walt Disney World Resort.
Plantaina is a young female manatee who was rescued as a baby near Fort Lauderdale, Florida. She was just 28 pounds at the time, making her the smallest manatee ever rescued.
After a successful initial rehab, Plantaina was released back into the wild (Feb. 2021). However, she was soon discovered to be losing weight which required another rescue and rehabilitation before coming to The Seas with Nemo & Friends at EPCOT, where 24 other manatees have been rehabilitated over the years.
Disney animal care experts provide ill and injured manatees with the stable, controlled environment they need to make a recovery and prepare for release. The manatees receive exceptional veterinary care including preventive health exams, a calorie-rich diet, and around-the-clock monitoring to help them return to the wild when they are fit. Once released, some manatees like Plaintaina are assigned a satellite tracker that enables experts to continue to monitor the animal’s health, migration, and socialization with other manatees. These satellite trackers are designed to break away if they become entangled in order to prioritize the health of the manatee.
Unfortunately, manatee rescues and rehabilitations are becoming a lot more common in Florida. A severe lack of food is causing concern as runoff and pollution continue to threaten their main food source. Each of these large herbivores can eat up to 300 pounds of seagrass a day, and many are beginning to starve from the lack of aquatic plants, further impacting this endangered species.
Plantaina is one of six manatees to complete rehabilitation at Walt Disney World Resort over the last year. Manatees in rehabilitation at Disney may receive up to 150 heads of romaine lettuce each day depending on their individual needs, along with the occasional treat of apples, carrots, and sweet potatoes, to help them return to their natural weight before they are able to be released.
In addition to the releases, the Disney Conservation Fund has provided grants to more than 15 nonprofit organizations to better understand manatee populations, biology, and habitat use, aid in the restoration of seagrass, and provide care for manatees.
These manatee releases, along with funding from the Disney Conservation Fund and knowledge and expertise from Disney’s Animals, Science, and Environment, help make a difference in the conservation of this amazing species.
*Footage was produced under the authority of USFWS Permit No. MA770191
Saving the galaxy this time is gonna take more than a dance-off. Starting summer 2022, guests visiting EPCOT at Walt Disney World Resort better get ready to crank up the mixtape and blast through an awesome intergalactic chase through time and space in Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind!
This thrilling new family-friendly coaster matches the “grandosity” and fun of the blockbuster “Guardians of the Galaxy” films, featuring those lovable cosmic misfits – Rocket, Groot, Drax, Gamora and Star-Lord. The attraction is another major milestone in the ongoing transformation of EPCOT and debuts as part of the Walt Disney World 50th Anniversary celebration.
Located in the park’s newly renamed World Discovery neighborhood, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will be the first “other-world” showcase pavilion at EPCOT. Xandarians traveled from their homeworld in the Andromeda galaxy to Earth – or Terra, as they call it – to build this Wonders of Xandar pavilion, inviting EPCOT guests to learn more about their people and their advanced technologies. Until the Guardians arrive, anyway, and adventure ensues.
What to Expect at Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind!
A New Kind of Family Thrill
In addition to the Wonders of Xandar pavilion, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will offer several other “firsts,” including:
- The first coaster attraction at EPCOT.
- The first reverse launch for a Disney coaster.
- The first Walt Disney World attraction to feature the Guardians of the Galaxy.
- I am Groot.
The Wonders of Xandar Pavilion
Xandarians have come to Earth and are hard at work building their new EPCOT pavilion. Highlights include:
- The Galaxarium, a sweeping planetarium-style space showcasing planets, stars and other intergalactic wonders that connect Terra and Xandar.
- The Xandar Gallery, where guests will discover more about the Xandarian people, culture and history – including the heroes of Xandar – through specially crafted displays and projections.
- I … am … Grooooot.
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind will be one of the longest fully enclosed coasters in the world, housed in one of the largest show buildings ever constructed for a Disney theme park.
- By volume, four Spaceship Earths would fit inside the attraction’s massive new show building.
- Academy Award® nominee Glenn Close reprises her role from “Guardians of the Galaxy” as Nova Prime, the leader of Xandar and commander of the Nova Corps.
- Disney Imagineers were recently on-set for “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” to film with the Guardians for this new attraction.
- A Starblaster will stand outside the Wonders of Xandar building, the first full-size version of this Xandarian ship ever built.
- AM. GROOT!
Are you excited about this new experience at EPCOT?
The 50th anniversary of Walt Disney World Resort is a time to celebrate Walt Disney’s legacy and vision. Walt knew food could be much more than just something you eat, but rather an entertaining, experiential and essential element of immersive storytelling.
New food and drink selections for “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” honoring the 50th anniversary bring Walt’s vision to life in new ways, offering nods to the resort’s past while pushing culinary adventures to exciting new places during the 18-month event. These include theme park classics and inspiration from some of Walt Disney’s favorite meals, along with novel dishes and drinks full of color, whimsy, and a touch of EARidescent shimmer.
Nods to the Past
Walt’s personal recipes, past and present attractions, and nostalgic dishes from 1971 all serve as inspiration for the creative and whimsical food and beverage specially made for “The World’s Most Magical Celebration.”
Walt’s palate was relatively simple, with some of his favorite meals including meat and potatoes, chili, prime rib hash, and fried chicken, along with lemon, apple, chocolate, and bread pudding desserts. Disney chefs looked to his recipes from the archives and reimagined them for the 50th anniversary celebration. The chefs and mixologists also drew inspiration from the iconic opening-day attractions.
Highlights of items across Walt Disney World that nod to the past include:
Magic Kingdom Park
- The Toad Burger (Friar’s Nook) – Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride inspired this whimsical brat burger that includes a pickle slice representing the toad’s tongue and two olives as his eyes, evoking Mr. Toad’s fun-loving, adventurous nature.
- Pressed Penny Silk Pie (Casey’s Corner) – A chocolate tart shell, silky chocolate filling, whipped cream and a chocolate-pressed penny make up this treat, themed to one of Walt’s favorite desserts and the popular pressed-coin machines throughout the parks.
- Squids Revenge (Be Our Guest Restaurant) – A michelada with a salted rim and charred octopus and cucumber garnish showcases an attraction from opening day – 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea – and its iconic giant squid.
- Marceline Missouri Mudslide (Plaza Restaurant) – The Plaza Cone Shop opened in 1971 with popular sweet treat combinations, including a variety of milkshakes. This mudslide – a blend of vanilla porter beer, chocolate syrup, whipped cream and crispy chocolate pearls – is a special twist on a shake that pays tribute to Walt’s hometown of Marceline, Missouri.
- Mission to Mars (Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café) – Inspired by Tomorrowland’s Mission to Mars attraction, this burger is topped with bacon and macaroni and cheese, and served on a bun dusted with crushed cheese-flavored puffs, giving the appearance of the red planet.
- Happy Haunts Milkshake (Columbia Harbor House) – This blackberry milkshake topped with a purple chocolate-glazed and black-sprinkled doughnut honors the grim grinning ghosts of the Haunted Mansion.
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- Cheese Fries with Walt’s Chili and Walt’s Favorite Chili on Foot-long Hot Dog (Restaurantosaurus) – Two of the restaurant’s nostalgic fan favorites, hot dogs and fries, topped with Walt’s favorite chili.
- 50th Celebration Chocolate Gâteau (Tiffins) – Paying homage to Walt’s favorite chocolate desserts, this decadent delight features a cinnamon-chocolate gâteau, almond praline, ganache and chocolate cream liqueur sauce.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Filet Mignon with Walt’s Hash (The Hollywood Brown Derby) – A distinctly Walt-inspired meal, featuring grilled filet mignon atop Walt’s signature roast beef hash with a fried egg.
- Mini Chocolate Bundt Cake (Sunshine Seasons) – One of Walt’s favorite chocolate desserts gets all dressed up for the celebration with EARidescent shimmer and sprinkles, plus a chocolate 50th anniversary garnish.
- 50th Celebration Petit Cake (Amorette’s Patisserie) – A delicious dessert with beautiful storytelling, featuring a vanilla chiffon cake with celebration blue mousse, blueberry jam and lemon curd. Not only does the petit cake nod to the past, it is also decorated with the celebration’s signature EARidescent shimmer.
- 50th Celebration Chocolate Bundle (The Ganachery) – These unique chocolates celebrate 50 years of magical sights, smells, tastes and sounds with their rich colors, sweet aromas, complementary flavors and playful crunch. The chocolate bar includes milk chocolate, caramel and crispies, while the square includes cake ganache and sprinkles, enrobed in dark chocolate and decorated with a shimmering castle design.
Disney Resort Hotels
- 50th Celebration Soufflé (Disney’s Contemporary Resort) – A timeless orange-flavored liqueur soufflé with orange-flavored liqueur-scented crème anglaise.
- 50th Anniversary Vintage Minnie’s Brown Betty Profiterole (Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa) – A cream puff that harkens to the past, resembling Minnie Mouse’s vintage hat and filled with one of Walt’s favorite flavors, cinnamon-spiced apples and Chantilly cream.
- Chicken Dinner Cupcake Trio (Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground) – Fort Wilderness has served more than 10 million chicken dinners, and this homage of a dessert features fried chicken-apple fritters with apple pie moonshine filling and vanilla buttercream.
- Braised Lamb Shank (Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort) – An elevated meat-and-potatoes meal, with braised lamb shank, potato purée, rosemary-roasted garlic gravy, huckleberry jam and English peas.
Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park
- Loaded Nachos with Walt’s Chili (Avalunch) – Walt’s favorite chili atop loaded nachos.
A Touch of EARidescence
Each Walt Disney World theme park has its own EARidescent shimmer, and Disney chefs and mixologists have used these specific colors as inspiration to add sparkle to celebratory creations at all four parks. EARidescent offerings across Walt Disney World include:
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park
- Hand-dipped 50th Celebration Mickey Premium Bar (Drinkwallah) – The famous Nestlé Mickey’s Premium Ice Cream Bar receives a special 50th anniversary touch with a blue raspberry “hat” and a bit of pixie dust.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Glimmer and Shimmer Pineapple Mousse (Trolley Car Café) – A golden pineapple mousse on a toasted coconut crisp with caramel cream and matcha sponge cake that is shaped like a pineapple. The pineapple is considered a symbol of hospitality, so not only does this dessert represent the Disney philosophy, it also features the golden shimmer and glimmer of the 50th
- EARidescent Croissant Doughnut (EPCOT Experience) – The fan-favorite treat makes its festive return to EPCOT with an EARidescent shimmer from blue icing and sprinkles.
Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park
- EARidescent Ice Dream Cone (I.C. Expeditions) – This birthday cake-flavored soft serve swirl in a white-chocolate-dipped cone honors the celebration with EARidescent sprinkles.
- Magical Beacon Cocktail – The specialty 50th anniversary cocktail, found at many table-service restaurants, lounges and pool bars across Walt Disney World, features a delicious mix of gin, blue Curacao, Minute Maid®Premium Lemonade, berry, orgeat, lemon, hibiscus grenadine and a souvenir glow cube.
- EARidescent Sip-a-bration – The specialty non-alcoholic mocktail, found at many table-service restaurants, lounges and pool bars across Walt Disney World, includes Minute Maid® Premium Lemonade served in a novelty 50th anniversary cup. The drink also includes a special surprise ingredient, shaped like Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Pluto or Donald Duck, that, when stirred into the drink, brings a magical change of color and flavor and a sprinkling of pixie dust.
There are so many tasty treats to celebrate the 50th Anniversary at Disney World.
Harmonious is one of the largest nighttime spectaculars ever created for a Disney Park. This new show debuted on October 1 at Epcot. We got a sneak peek of this new show and LOVED it!
Harmonious brings the globe together at World Showcase Lagoon in a celebration of Disney music that inspires people worldwide. It is a grand, powerful tribute to the unifying power of story and song, embracing new technical magic that incorporates pyrotechnics, choreographed moving fountains, lighting, massive LED panels and media in new ways.
Harmonious features new interpretations of classic Disney songs in more than a dozen languages, performed by a diverse group of 240 artists from around the world, including Luis Fonsi, Joy, Danny Gokey, and the Ndlovu Youth Choir.
You have plenty of time to catch this brand new show at Epcot. You can see Harmonious every night in 2021 and through the end of 2022.
Celebrate the spirit of the South Pacific at this oasis of tropical palms, lush vegetation and so much more.
From moonlit nights immersed in the outdoor island ambience to the exotic tastes of our world-class restaurants, discover the signature tropical atmosphere that’s made Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort a favorite Disney Destination.
Come along with us as we tour Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort.
Are you ready to book your Polynesian escape to Disney’s Polynesian Resort?
Step into the heart of Africa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge at the Walt Disney World Resort. Inspired by the traditional African kraal, the horseshoe-curved design provides spectacular views of 4 lush savannas that over 200 hoofed animals and birds call home.
Delight in dazzling pool areas, exciting animal programs, and one of the largest collections of African art in the United States as you experience your own African safari adventure with a touch of Disney magic.
Come along with us as we tour Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort.
Are you ready to book your adventure to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge?