Intricate wrought-iron railings, cobblestone streets and courtyards of flowers capture the spirit and romance of New Orleans’ French Quarter. Dine on Creole delicacies, plunge into Doubloon Lagoon with its fantastic water slide or relish the Mardi Gras atmosphere. Dazzling detail, bayou excitement and “all that jazz” can be had for a “song.”
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort French Quarter was designed to reflect the style and architecture of New Orleans’ French Quarter. The resort opened on May 17, 1991 as Disney’s Port Orleans Resort with 432 guest rooms in three guest buildings and expanded to its current 1,008 rooms in seven three-story guest buildings containing 144 rooms each.
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter and Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside are a pair of resort hotels located at the Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. The two hotels are themed to look like New Orleans and the Old South. Both resorts are located in the Disney Springs area and owned and operated by Disney Parks.
The two resorts are connected to each other and Disney Springs via the Sassagoula River. They are jointly the largest resort on the Walt Disney World property by room total, with over 3000 rooms between them. The Riverside section alone is the second-largest resort in Walt Disney World.
Port Orleans French Quarter is a Moderate resort in Disney World’s tiered resort system. As the name implies, this Disney hotel features amenities and prices somewhere between the Value resorts and the Deluxe resorts.
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort French Quarter Rooms
The grandeur of the French Quarter is carried into the guest rooms. Intricate scroll work and detail on the dark wood furnishings add interest to the room. Soft mint green walls create a calm tone and crisp white linens make for a brighter and perhaps more sterile atmosphere.
Most guest rooms in the Moderate level resorts include a double sink that is separate from the bathtub, shower, and toilet, and has a privacy curtain or door, so that guests using the sinks and vanity area can have a partition from the rest of the guest room while allowing another guest to use the toilet and/or shower.
There are four view types: Garden view, River view, Pool view, and Standard. The standard rooms include two queen beds and one king bed is available in select rooms. Rooms feature a table and a couple chairs, as well
The resort offers bus service to all 4 Disney theme parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom), both water parks (Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach water park), and Disney Springs. Additionally, you can take a boat ride down the Sassagoula River to Disney Springs. The boat ride takes about 15-20 minutes.
- Alarm Clock
- Mini Fridge
- Hair Dryer
- In-Room Safe
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Table & Chairs
- Television – ABC, Disney Channel, ESPN & more
- Vanity Area
- Voice Mail
- Free WiFi
Check-in time is 4 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m. Guests may check in at the front desk or the My Disney Experience app as early as 8 a.m. and if the room is not ready, store your bags with Luggage Services and head for the theme parks.
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort French Quarter Dining
From light bites to mouthwatering meals inspired by the magic of Mardi Gras, discover the tantalizing dining offerings at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter.
- Sassagoula Floatworks Food Court: Enjoy a taste of Mardi Gras at this quick service restaurant, featuring Cajun and Creole cuisine.
- Mardi Grogs Pool Bar: Celebrate with specialty drinks poolside frozen or on the rocks, wine, sangria and draft beers, including Abita Amber and TurboDog. You can even get it to go and take a leisurely stroll along the Sassagoula River.
- Scat Cat’s Club Lounge: Tap your toes to some swingin’ jazz and enjoy a full service bar featuring Southern-inspired specialty cocktails, craft beer and appetizers.Get a taste for life in the “Big Easy” with delicacies like Mardi Gras Mac & Cheese, Crawfish Étouffée and Bayou Brisket Sliders.
- Scat Cat’s Club Cafe: Dine on delectable beignets at this location just outside the Scat Cat’s Club Lounge
- Pizza delivery (room service): Get tasty classics like oven-fresh pizza, salad, chicken strips and more delivered directly to your room. Available from 4pm to midnight.
(plus other limited menu options)
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort French Quarter Recreation
- Feature Pool: Sea Serpent Theme with Water Slide at Doubloon Lagoon – Festive decorations, an all-alligator band and a blue sea serpent waterslide immerse you in the magic of New Orleans. At Doubloon Lagoon, it’s Mardi Gras every day! Come slide down Scales of the 51-foot-long snaking sea serpent slide, whose tongue deposits you into the lagoon with a mighty splash. Alligator jazz aficionados, a water play area, a whirlpool spa and the Mardi Grogs pool bar make it even more of a party—as King Neptune watches over all of the merriment from on high.
- Children’s splash park and pool
- Whirlpool Spa
- Jogging Trail
- Children’s playground
- Carriage Ride
- Bike Rentals
Kid’s Nite Out Babysitting
Kid’s Nite Out caregivers can provide one-on-one in-room childcare in the comfort of a Walt Disney World® Resort room. The professional staff of Kid’s Nite Out gives the child individual attention by playing a variety of fun-filled activities with him/her including reading books, coloring, or playing “I Spy” games. They can also provide a fun, well-trained sitter to just hang out with the family if they need a father’s/mother’s helper. Kid’s Nite Out also plans and works children’s parties, camps, and children’s theme conventions.
- Advance reservations are required – please call 7 days a week from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Services available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at all Walt Disney World Resorts
- 4-hour minimum required – children ages 6 months to 12 years old
- Guests can call up to 90 Days in advance. Will try to accommodate same-day calls or unusual hours.
- Cancellations require 24 hours notice to avoid the 4 hour minimum charge
Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter Resort FAQs
Is there a gym at the Port Orleans French Quarter Resort?
No. The only Moderate Disney Resort that has a gym or fitness center is Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort.
Are the Port Orleans French Quarter pools heated?
Yes. Pools are heated to 82°F/28°C year round.
How many pools are at Port Orleans Riverside?
One. Port Orleans French Quarter has the Doubloon Lagoon pool and water slide.
Can you see fireworks from Port Orleans French Quarter?
Unfortunately, you cannot usually see the fireworks from either Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside or Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter as the theme parks are a bit too far away, and there are trees that block the view.
How long is the boat ride from Port Orleans French Quarter to Disney Springs?
The boat ride on the Sassagoula River to Disney Springs takes approximately 15-20 minutes.
Does Port Orleans French Quarter have laundry service?
A 24-hour self-service laundry room is located near the Doubloon Lagoon pool, behind Mardi Grogs. Machines accept credit and debit cards only.
For dry cleaning or valet laundry service, select “Housekeeping” on your Guest Room phone. Deposit your items in the provided laundry bag for pickup and fill out the attached form. Items picked up by 9:00 AM are typically returned to you after 7:00 PM that same day.
Does Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter Resort have an airport shuttle?
Yes. Disney offers an airport shuttle (Disney’s Magical Express) from the Orlando International Airport (MCO) for resort guests. We recommend confirming your flight details with the resort or your Destinations in Florida travel agent.
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort French Quarter E-Brochure
- Click Here to view, print or even share an E-Brochure for Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter Resort
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort French Quarter Videos
- Port Orleans French Quarter Room Tour
- Breakfast at Sassagoula Floatworks
- Jackson Square Gifts
- Lunch at Sassagoula Floatworks
- Splash Park
- Mardi Grogs Pool Bar
2201 Orleans Drive Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8424