Palm shaded courtyards and Spanish-style haciendas create the perfect climate for relaxation. Soak up the sun or splash in the pool, designed as an archeological dig site with a five story Mayan pyramid. The Resort features colorful plazas and picturesque vistas reflecting the beauty of Mexico and the American Southwest.
Disney’s Coronado Spring Resort
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort is located in the Animal Kingdom Resort Area of the Walt Disney World Resort. Themed after the American colonial Spanish and southwestern American. This resort hotel is categorized as a Moderate resort.
As the name implies, this Disney hotel features amenities and prices somewhere between the Value resorts and the Deluxe resorts.
This was Walt Disney World’s first attempt at a Moderate resort with a convention center. It is the only moderate level Disney resort with suites, a cafeteria-style restaurant, a formal dinner restaurant (Maya Grill), a gift shop, an arcade, one large pool, three quiet pools, a salon, fitness center, and a dance club for your Disney vacation. In February 2017, a large expansion was announced, with the centerpiece being a 15-story tower located near the entrance and convention center. Other things added are “floating gardens and a oasis which connects to the rest of the resort via a series of bridges.”
The Gran Destino Hotel Tower – A 15-story tower, taking its name and thematic cues from the Salvador Dali collaboration short film “Destino”, added 545 guest rooms including 50 suites, and features a rooftop restaurant named “Toledo” and the “Dahlia Lounge”. The tower opened in July 2019. The resort’s lobby and bus stop moved to the tower when completed.
The resort offers bus service to all 4 Disney theme parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom), both water parks (Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach water park), and Disney Springs.
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort Rooms
There are 1,951 rooms at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort located in three sections across the property. The Casitas are made up of 5 buildings that have 3-5 floors and are close to the Convention Center, with Building 1 connecting directly to the Convention Center and buildings 2 & 3 connecting directly to building 1. The Ranchos are made of up 4 pueblo-style buildings that have 2-4 floors. The Cabanas are made up of 3 buildings that have 2 floors that are somewhat near El Centro. All rooms were renovated in 2018 with new beds, a new flat screen TV, and other new furnishings.
Preferred rooms are located Casitas 1, 2 and 3 which are close to the main building. Many preferred rooms include a water view.
Most guest rooms in the Moderate level resorts include a double sink that is separate from the bathtub, shower, and toilet, and has a privacy curtain or door, so that guests using the sinks and vanity area can have a partition from the rest of the guest room while allowing another guest to use the toilet and/or shower.
- Alarm Clock
- Mini Fridge
- Hair Dryer
- In-Room Safe
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Table & Chairs
- Television – ABC, Disney Channel, ESPN & more
- Vanity Area
- Voice Mail
- Free WiFi
Check-in time is 4 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m. Guests may check in at the front desk or the My Disney Experience app as early as 8 a.m. and if the room is not ready, store your bags with Luggage Services and head for the theme parks.
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort Dining
Delight in casual and upscale cuisine at this Resort hotel that celebrates Spanish exploration and artistry along with Disney creative tradition. Coronado Springs offers the most dining options of any of the Moderate resorts.
- Maya Grill: Our home is your home at this grand Mexican dining room featuring ancient-modern styling and Nuevo Latino cuisines. Full service restaurant.
- Barcelona Lounge: Feel transported to the heart of Catalonia’s café society at this day-to-night espresso bar and Spanish-style Gin Tonic hub. Located on the lower lobby level of the Gran Destino Tower at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort, Barcelona Lounge impresses with amazing lake views of Lago Dorado from its patio bar.
- Dahlia Lounge: Passion reigns supreme in a rooftop lounge inspired by Spanish surrealism.
- Three Bridges Bar & Grill: Unwind and dine amid an idyllic, open-air setting of Spanish-American ambience and cuisine. Take in sweeping views of Lago Dorado from converging bridges—all three connecting Villa del Lago, a mirage-like “island” of one-story buildings, with the Resort. Seekers arrive at this crossroads in search of the fabled Seven Cities of Gold—or a romantic lakefront dinner.
- Toledo Tapas, Steaks, & Seafood: Dine on tapas, seafood and steak in style at this Spanish haven inspired by surrealist art and the 1930s avant-garde. Savor dishes and small plates inspired by the flavors of Spain while feasting your eyes on the sweeping views from this rooftop restaurant.
- Cafe Rix: Choose from an array of pastries, yogurts, fruits and salads, along with sweets like dessert cakes, gelatos and sorbets. Specialty coffees, smoothies, beer and wine are also available.
- El Mercado de Coronado (formerly Pepper Market food court): There’s something for everyone in this light and airy quick service dining spot—pancakes, grilled fare, pizza, rice bowls, desserts and drinks. On the go? Grab a salad or sandwich to take with you.
- Siesta Cantina Poolside Bar: Kick back and relax at this poolside hideaway, where you can grab a bite—sandwiches, burgers or nachos—and sip on specialty cocktails as you drift off into a siesta.
- Laguna Bar: Sip on a refreshing beverage at this breezy lakeside tequila and mezcal bar boasting an impressive menu of unique handcrafted cocktails. The tropical vibes make for a relaxing atmosphere after a long day visiting the parks or attending meetings in the convention hall.
- Rix Sports Bar & Grill: Enjoy handcrafted cocktails, local draft beers and a unique spin on classic sports fare while cheering on your favorite team. Offering 31 state-of-the-art TVs to view nightly sporting events, this upscale sports lounge provides the perfect spot to unwind and chat with fellow sports fans. Reservations are accepted on most nights.
- In-Room Dining (room service): 7am to 11pm (limited Menu)
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort Recreation
- 4 Pools
- Feature Pool: Lost City of Cibola – Sun worshipers of all ages will dig the Dig Site, a sprawling pool complex with a Mayan ruins theme. Discover the Lost City of Cibola pool, whose centerpiece is a 50-foot pyramid where weary explorers can revive themselves in the waters streaming down its stone steps. A 123-foot-long waterslide featuring a spitting Jaguar spirit animal makes for a fierce ride. The Dig Site also boasts the largest hot tub on Walt Disney World Resort property, with room for 22 tribesmen. Seasonal poolside activities, Siesta’s pool bar, a white-sand volleyball court, the Iguana Arcade and a kiddie pool offer golden opportunities for fun.
- 3 Leisure Pools: For the less adventurous, 3 leisure pools are located at each settlement—the Casitas, Ranchos and Cabanas. Take the plunge and cool down or simply lounge the day away on deck while catching some golden rays.
- Child pool
- Whirlpool Spa
- Iguana Arcade located next to the Dig Site pool area
- Children’s playground: Kids can climb, slide and play on an archaeologically themed playground near the Dig Site complex.
- Campfire Activities: Gather ‘round as the sun goes down for old-fashioned family fun as you roast marshmallows by a crackling fire located at the Dig Site
- Jogging Trail: Take a brisk 0.9-mile run or walk along the scenic trail that loops around 22-acre Lago Dorado.
- Volleyball: Join a friendly match on the white-sand court by the Dig Site pool complex. Volleyballs can be checked out from Siesta’s pool bar by Guests with a valid Resort ID.
- Movies Under the Stars: Watch beloved Disney films at complimentary outdoor screenings near the Lost City of Cibola pool.
- Colors of Coronado Painting Class: Get in touch with your inner artist as we explore the Colors of Coronado—a master-led painting class.
- Beach Area
- Fitness Club: Rejuvenate yourself at La Vida Health Club—a full-service facility featuring workout equipment, spa services and more—or at the Fitness Center at Gran Destino.
- Massage Services
Kid’s Nite Out Babysitting
Kid’s Nite Out caregivers can provide one-on-one in-room childcare in the comfort of a Walt Disney World® Resort room. The professional staff of Kid’s Nite Out gives the child individual attention by playing a variety of fun-filled activities with him/her including reading books, coloring, or playing “I Spy” games. They can also provide a fun, well-trained sitter to just hang out with the family if they need a father’s/mother’s helper. Kid’s Nite Out also plans and works children’s parties, camps, and children’s theme conventions.
- Advance reservations are required – please call 7 days a week from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Services available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at all Walt Disney World Resorts
- 4-hour minimum required – children ages 6 months to 12 years old
- Guests can call up to 90 Days in advance. Will try to accommodate same-day calls or unusual hours.
- Cancellations require 24 hours notice to avoid the 4 hour minimum charge
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort FAQs
Where are the Preferred Rooms at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort?
Preferred rooms are located Casitas 1, 2 and 3 which are close to the main building.
Is there a gym or fitness center at Coronado Springs Resort?
Yes. Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort is the only Moderate resort at Disney World that has a fitness center. Rejuvenate yourself at La Vida Health Club—a full-service facility featuring workout equipment, spa services and more—or at the Fitness Center at Gran Destino.
Are the Coronado Springs pools heated?
Yes. Pools are heated to 82°F/28°C year round.
How many pools are at Coronado Springs?
Four. Coronado Springs features the Lost City of Cibola pool, 3 Leisure Pools, and a water slide.
Can you see fireworks from Coronado Springs?
Yes. The best view of fireworks is in the Casitas section of the resort.
Does Coronado Springs have laundry service?
A 24-hour self-service laundry room is adjacent to each of the 3 quiet village pools. Machine tokens can be purchased at the laundry room.
For dry cleaning or valet laundry service, select “Housekeeping” on your Guest Room phone. Deposit your items in the provided laundry bag for pickup and fill out the attached form. Items picked up by 9:00 AM are typically returned to you after 7:00 PM that same day.
Does Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort have an airport shuttle?
Yes. Disney offers an airport shuttle (Disney’s Magical Express) from the Orlando International Airport (MCO) for resort guests. We recommend confirming your flight details with the resort or your Destinations in Florida travel agent.
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort E-Brochure
- Click Here to view, print or even share an E-Brochure for Disney’s Pop Century Resort
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort Videos
1000 West Buena Vista Drive Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8403