Just a short walk from the main gates of Magic Kingdom Park is one of Disney’s most iconic resorts, Disney’s Contemporary Resort. The ultra modern resort is actually one of the oldest, opening in 1971. Disney’s Contemporary Resort has it all for any Disney vacation! Amazing views, numerous dining options, activities, and even monorail access. Come along as we explore Disney’s Contemporary Resort!
Dining at Disney’s Contemporary Resort:
- Fine/Signature Dining at California Grill: Dine on the Contemporary’s 15th floor (a perfect place to watch the fireworks)
- Character Dining at Chef Mickey’s (Reservations taken for Breakfast, Brunch and Dinner)
- Unique/Themed Dining at The Wave….of American Flavors (One of Disney’s hidden gems)
- Lounge offerings at California Grill, Cove Bar, Outer Rim and Wave Lounge
- Quick Service meals at Contempo Cafe, Contemporary Grounds, and The Sand Bar
- 24-Hour Room Service
Fun at Disney’s Contemporary Resort:
- Swimming: Enjoy one of the many pool at the resort. The main pool with waterslide, or rent a cabana and enjoy the quiet pool.
- Sammy Duvall’s Watersports Center: Take your pick from water craft rentals, parasailing, tubing, wakeboarding or water skiing.
- Sports and Recreation: Enjoy a day of fun with Motorized boat rentals, fishing, volleyball, or tennis
- Contemporary Resort Campfire and Movies Under the Stars: Families can gather around the campfire and then snuggle up together to watch an outdoor Disney film.
- Monorail: Disney’s Monorail runs directly through the resort. Stopping to pick up guest headed to the Magic Kingdom, other monorail resorts, or the Ticket and Transportation Center.
- Electric Water Pageant: From the shores of Seven Seas Lagoon enjoy the nighttime show of music and floats
- Olympiad Fitness Center: Workout or enjoy a massage or facial
With the Contemporary Resort’s task of living up to it’s name, the rooms are continuously being updated with ultra modern decor and design elements. Industry standards during the time the resort opened also make even the standard rooms some of the largest on property. The resort is made up of Tower rooms (Theme Park and Bay Lake Views), Garden Wing rooms, plus Hospitality, 1 Bedroom and 2 Bedroom Suites. These rooms can accommodate up to 8 adults.
For many, Disney’s Contemporary Resort brings memories of their childhood and first visit to Disney. For other’s it’s a the quintessential Disney vacation. You can’t beat the location. What better way to start your day than opening your curtains with a view of Cinderella’s Castle or Space Mountain? Or end your day watching the fireworks from your room? I’m Kelly, the designated Destinations in Florida Travel Agent for YourFirstVisit.net. It would be my pleasure to help you plan your next Disney Vacation. Please contact me at KellyB@DestinationsInFlorida.