Experience the romance of the Florida Keys at this tranquil community of Conch Flats— a sprawling island hamlet with shimmering waterways, swaying palm trees and manicured golf-course fairways. Delight in sun-soaked pools, casual dining and such amenities as fully equipped kitchens or kitchenettes. A peaceful tropical paradise, Disney’s Old Key West Resort is also just a boat ride away from the excitement of Disney Springs®.
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
Disney’s Old Key West Resort is a Disney Vacation Club resort at the Walt Disney World Resort. It opened on December 20, 1991 and was formerly known as Disney’s Vacation Club Resort until January 1996 when it was renamed. It was the first Disney Vacation Club Timeshare Resort, and has the largest rooms of any of the fifteen Disney Vacation Club Resorts. The accommodations include kitchen facilities and a laundry room. The rooms are designed in a Key West theme. Rooms are also available year-round for rental by non-members (and members) as Disney Vacation Club retains ownership of a majority of the resort.
In October 2007, the resort received designation in the Florida Green Lodging Program.
In 2010 Disney renovated the guest rooms at this resort, updating the kitchen with all new counter tops, new flooring throughout the rooms, and replaced all the TVs with flat screens
Old Key West Resort offers bus service to all 4 Disney theme parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom), both water parks (Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach water park), and Disney Springs.
Disney’s Old Key West Resort Rooms
Deluxe Studio – 390 sq ft (36 m2)
Studios at Disney’s Old Key West Resort features 2 queen beds, a nightstand, a small round table with 2 chairs, a ceiling fan, a TV, a closet, a small patio/balcony, and a kitchenette. The kitchenette comes with a microwave, toaster, 12-cup coffee maker, a sink, and a mini-refrigerator. The patio/balcony features 2 chairs and a small table. The Studios are the only Disney Vacation Club studios that feature 2 beds rather than a bed and pull-out couch.
One Bedroom Villas – 1,005 sq ft (93.4 m2)
One Bedroom Villas feature a large great room with a couch, love seat, a large plush chair that opens into a twin bed, flat-panel TV, 4-person dining room table, and a fully equipped kitchen. The master bedroom features a king bed, a chair with ottoman, and a large closet. In the master bath, there is a two-person jacuzzi tub, 2 sinks, and a stand-up shower. Attached to the master bathroom is a laundry room, with a full-sized washer and dryer.
Two Bedroom Villas – 1,410 sq ft (131 m2)
A Two Bedroom Villa is the same as a One Bedroom, plus an additional bedroom off the living room, which is almost 100% comparable to a Studio. The only exception is that in some of the Two Bedroom Villas there is an additional walk-in closet in place of the studio entrance door and an additional sink in place of the kitchenette.
Three Bedroom Grand Villas – 2,375 sq ft (220.6 m2)
The Grand Villas sleep 12 people, and feature 1 king bed, 2 queen beds, 2 double beds, and 1 queen sleeper sofa. They have 4 bathrooms and a very large living room area with all of the amenities contained in the One and Two Bedroom Villas. Grand Villas are the least expensive Grand Villas compared to the other Disney Vacation Club Resorts.
- Alarm Clock
- Mini Refrigerator
- Hair Dryer
- In-Room Safe
- Iron and Ironing Board
- Table & Chairs
- Television – ABC, Disney Channel, ESPN & more
- Vanity Area
- Voice Mail
- Free WiFi
Check-in time is 4 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m. Guests may check in at the front desk or the My Disney Experience app as early as 8 a.m. and if the room is not ready, store your bags with Luggage Services and head for the theme parks.
Disney’s Old KeyWest Resort Dining
Delight in American favorites for breakfast, lunch and dinner amid a picturesque island-hamlet setting that recalls the leisurely romance of the Florida Keys.
- Olivia’s Café — Table service dining. Seeking out home-style cooking? Come to this inviting eatery for comfort food as only Olivia can create.
- Good’s Food To Go — Get lunch – along with items like snacks, desserts and drinks – ready-made and here for the taking.
- Gurgling Suitcase Libations & Spirits — Check your baggage – and concerns – upon arrival! This cozy little bar serves up spirits and smiles by the mile.
- Turtle Shack Poolside Bar & Snacks — Belly up to this bar for munchies like pizza, hot dogs, sandwiches and salads – plus kid’s meals too!
- Pizza delivery (room service): Get tasty classics like oven-fresh pizza, salad, chicken strips and more delivered directly to your room when staying at a select Disney Resort hotel. 4 pm to midnight
Disney’s Old Key West Resort Recreation
- 4 Pools
- Sandcastle Pool — Glide down a 125-foot-long waterslide through a giant sandcastle, and sunbathe on a sand beach.
- 3 Leisure Pools — All-ages leisure pools – each with a whirlpool spa – are located in the Old Turtle Pond, South Point and Miller’s Road sections.
- Playgrounds: It’s 3 times the fun with 3 playgrounds for little ones.
- Old Key West Exercise Room – A fitness facility at Disney’s Old Key West Resort, featuring state-of-the-art strength training equipment.
- Conch Flats Community Hall – Play complimentary foosball, pool, video games, ping-pong and shuffleboard, and check out equipment for tennis, basketball and volleyball.
- Old Key West Campfire Activities: Gather ‘round as the sun goes down for old-fashioned family fun as you roast marshmallows by a crackling fire.
- Movies Under the Stars: Watch favorite Disney films at complimentary outdoor screenings by the Sandcastle Pool deck.
- Electric Eel Gameroom – Play games classic and contemporary at this exciting arcade located near Hospitality House.
- Flying Fish Gameroom – Test your skills at this high-thrills arcade located near Turtle Shack Poolside Snacks.
- Jogging Trails: Jog on a 1.37-mile-long path that winds along shimmering canals and golf course fairways.
- Fishing: Enjoy a guided bass-fishing excursion—perfect for amateur anglers and seasoned sportsmen alike.
- Tennis: Enjoy 2 lighted tennis courts near the main pool, plus a 3rd court on Old Turtle Pond Road.
- Bike Rentals: Breeze by tranquil canals and rolling golf course fairways on a bike from Hank’s Rent ‘N Return.
Kid’s Nite Out Babysitting
Kid’s Nite Out caregivers can provide one-on-one in-room childcare in the comfort of a Walt Disney World® Resort room. The professional staff of Kid’s Nite Out gives the child individual attention by playing a variety of fun-filled activities with him/her including reading books, coloring, or playing “I Spy” games. They can also provide a fun, well-trained sitter to just hang out with the family if they need a father’s/mother’s helper. Kid’s Nite Out also plans and works children’s parties, camps, and children’s theme conventions.
- Advance reservations are required – please call 7 days a week from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Services available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at all Walt Disney World Resorts
- 4-hour minimum required – children ages 6 months to 12 years old
- Guests can call up to 90 Days in advance. Will try to accommodate same-day calls or unusual hours.
- Cancellations require 24 hours notice to avoid the 4-hour minimum charge
Disney’s Old Key West Resort FAQs
Is Old Key West a Deluxe or Moderate resort?
Old Key West is classified as a Deluxe Villa resort. You will find that this resort, while a Deluxe category resort, often prices out closer to a Moderate resort. This means you can oftentimes get a great deal on a Disney Deluxe resort!
Can you walk from Disney Springs to Old Key West?
There is a non-advertised walkway to Disney Springs inside Old Key West. The walkway is paved along the Lake Buena Vista Golf Course and is only open from dusk to dawn.
Where are the Preferred Rooms at Disney’s Old Key West Resort?
Rooms located in Congress Park and The Springs will be part of the Preferred category, while rooms located in The Paddock, The Grandstand and The Carousel will be in the standard category.
Is there a gym or fitness center at Old Key West?
Yes. The Old Key West Exercise Room is a fitness facility featuring state-of-the-art strength training equipment.
Are the Old Key West Resort pools heated?
Yes. Pools are heated to 82°F/28°C year round.
How many pools are at Old Key West?
Four. Old Key West Resort features the Sandcastle pool and 3 Leisure Pools.
Can you see fireworks from Old Key West?
You can see some of the higher fireworks from the Epcot theme park.
Does Old Key West Resort have laundry service?
24-hour self-service laundry rooms are available near each of the 4 pools. Villas with one or more bedrooms also feature in-room washers and dryers.
For dry cleaning and valet laundry service, please drop off your items at Bell Services prior to 9:00 AM.
Does Disney’s Old Key West Resort have an airport shuttle?
Yes. Disney offers an airport shuttle (Disney’s Magical Express) from the Orlando International Airport (MCO) for resort guests. We recommend confirming your flight details with the resort or your Destinations in Florida travel agent.
Disney’s Old Key West Resort E-Brochure
- Click Here to view, print or even share an E-Brochure for Disney’s Old Key West Resort
Disney’s Old Key West Resort Videos
1510 North Cove Road Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8421