Characters in Flight operated by Aérophile takes you up in a giant tethered balloon 400 feet above Disney Springs™ Area! Ascend in the sky for approximately 8 to 10 minutes and experience a breathtaking, 360-degree view of Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida.
And you’d know those silhouettes anywhere – it’s Tinker Bell, Peter Pan, Dumbo and other characters from some of Disney’s most famous films! See them across the surface of the internally illuminated balloon that rises above you! It’s a special design just for the Walt Disney World Resort.
This whimsical balloon – the Aéro30 – was built by Aérophile S.A., a company with headquarters in Paris, France. It’s the world’s largest tethered gas balloon! The balloon itself is attached to a gondola that is 19 feet in diameter and holds up to 29 Guests and the pilot at a time. Guests board from a specially designed platform and then, once in the air, revel in a spectacular view of vistas up to 10 miles away!
Weather permitting, the hours of operation are every day from 8:30 a.m. to midnight.
- $18 USD Adult (tax included) – Guests ages 10 and up
- $12 USD Children (tax included) – Guests ages 3 – 9
- Free – Guests 2 and under
Tickets may be purchased at the attraction’s ticket window.
- Guests under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Gondola is wheelchair accessible with assistance. Guests must transfer from an Electric Convenience Vehicle (ECV).
- Weather conditions determine the number of Guests who may board the gondola in any given flight.
- All flights and times subject to change due to inclement weather.