Disney World presented their proposal for reopening the Disney World Parks. This reopening will be in phases. Disney Springs is ready open. The next opening will be on July 11 with Magic Kingdom and Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
We know Disney fans are anxious to visit Disney World. We share all of the new guidelines and updates for the Disney World reopening.
Disney Springs is Open
Let’s start with Disney Springs. It is already open with phase one and two.
Our owner and family were at Disney Springs for reopening day. She shared 11 things that are new at Disney World for the reopening.
Disney World Reopening Proposal
For the Disney World Parks, here are the proposed opening dates and parks. Each park will be similar to other international Disney Theme Parks with an attendance reservation system.
July 11 Proposed reopening date for Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom
July 15 Proposed reopening date for Epcot and Hollywood Studios
Disney World Reopening Details:
There are several new reopening guidelines to keep you and your family safe.
- Face masks required
- Significant reductions in capacity in parks and at restaurants and attractions
- More frequent cleaning protocols on stage and backstage
- Guest and Cast Temperature Checks
- Limited-Contact Enhancements in High Touch Areas – Increased mobile food ordering and cashless transactions, temporarily pausing meet and greets and not opening play areas
- Transportation will exist but be limited in capacity
- Parades and fireworks will be on hold initially
- Enhanced Communication to Guests before and during vacations
- A new social distancing squad of Cast Members will be dedicated to encouraging social distancing in a positive way, similar to what has been implemented in Disney Springs.
- Signage and Messaging Throughout Property
Disney World Resorts
Disney World Resort hotels will be opening in phases starting with Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort on June 22.