If you are planning to vacation at a Disney World Resort hotel, you might be considering whether or not you want to add a Dining Plan to your reservation. Choosing a Disney Dining Plan is a very simple way to make the dining experience more enjoyable during your vacation
By selecting a Disney Dining plan, you are actually paying for your food in advance and saving money at the same time! Depending on the plan you choose, you are allotted a certain number of meals and snacks each day at a variety of locations.
How do they Work?
- When you book a vacation, purchase a package that includes one of the Disney Dining plans.
- While vacationing at Walt Disney World Resort, choose from over 100 select restaurants available.
- Let your server or cashier know you are using a Disney Dining Plan prior to ordering. Your Magic Band bracelet electronically monitors your party’s allocated meals.
- Track your meals with the easy-to-read receipt your server will provide you, displaying your remaining meal balance.
- Redeem your meals in any order throughout your stay until each person’s meal total is complete.
Your Magic Band works like a credit card that is only good for the time you are at Disney. It also serves as the key to your hotel room, park tickets and Fastpasses. Dining credits are loaded onto the Magic Band.
Most plans include quick-service meals and table-service meals. A quick-service meal is one where you order from a counter. There are many great options available. Don’t be fooled by the myth that you’re limited to burgers and hot dogs! Table service is just as it sounds—a sit-down restaurant with a server. The choices for table services are incredible with options including character and signature dining.
Try a Disney Dining Plan if you possibly can. Sure, you can bring sandwiches, granola bars and fruit from home—and yes, you can take these into the parks! If you do, you might save a little money but you’ll miss out on incredible dining adventures. Shouldn’t you treat yourself to something special on your vacation?
Written by Sheri Morris, “Main Street Morris” Sheri is a proud grandmother with a keen eye for detail. She specializes in Disney Travel for adults and RV travel. Book your next vacation with Sheri at 804 405 5005 or at email@example.com.