Boma Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
It’s that time of the year when families are getting together, the leaves are falling and it’s getting cold outside. It’s also the time of year when I think about making a nice, warm soup. When pondering all of the soup recipes I could make, my mind quickly drifts to the best soup I ever tasted….it was at Boma-Flavors of Africa at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge. Today, I want to share my own version of the Boma Butternut Squash soup recipe with you. I think you’ll agree that it’s the perfect cure for one who is craving soup and craving Disney!
Butternut Squash Soup Recipe – Just Like Boma’s!
- 1 medium Butternut Squash
- 6 Tablespoons Butter
- 8 ounces Water
- 8 ounces Heavy Cream (whipping cream)
- 8 ounces whole Milk
- 4 Tablespoons Sugar (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- 1 teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch mixed with a little cold water
- 4 slices of American Cheese
- Dash of Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Cut squash in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and roast the squash face down in the oven at 325 for 45 minutes or until done.
- Melt the butter in a large soup pan.
- Mix and mash the squash with water. Add heavy cream and milk. Puree in a blender until smooth. Pour mixture into soup pan.
- Add sugar, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Mix the cornstarch with a little water to make a slurry and add to the soup.
- Add the American cheese and continue mixing until melted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue stirring until thoroughly heated. Enjoy while hot!
This Boma butternut squash soup recipe makes 8 delicious servings.
Written by Sheri Morris, “Main Street Morris” — Sheri is proud grandmother with a keen eye for detail. She specializes in Disney Travel for adults and RV travel. Book your next vacation with Sheri at 804 405 5005 or at email@example.com.