If you are planning a vacation at a Disney World Resort hotel, you might be considering whether or not you want to add a Dining Plan to your reservation. There’s a chance that you don’t even know what the Dining Plan is all about! It’s actually a simple way to make dining during your vacation more enjoyable.
By selecting a Disney Dining plan, you are actually paying for your food in advance and saving money. Depending on the plan you choose, you will receive a certain number of meals and snacks each day at a variety of locations.
How do they Work?
- When you book a vacation, purchase a package that includes a Disney dining plan.
- While vacationing at Walt Disney World Resort, choose from over 100 select restaurants available.
- Present the Key to the World card given to you at check-in to your server or cashier prior to ordering. The card electronically monitors your party’s allocated meals.
- Track your meals with the easy-to-read receipt your server will provide you, displaying your remaining meal balance.
- Redeem your meals in any order throughout your stay until each person’s meal total is complete.
Your “Key to the World” card is like a credit card that is only good for the time you are at Disney. It also serves as the key to your hotel room. Dining credits are loaded onto the card and it can also be used to charge souvenirs throughout Disney World.
Most plans include quick-service meals and table-service meals. A quick-service meal is one where you order from a counter. There are many great options available. Don’t be fooled by the myth that you’re limited to burgers and fries! Table service is just as it sounds—a sit-down restaurant with a server. The choices for table service meals are incredible with options that include character meals and signature dining.
Try a Disney Dining Plan if you possibly can. Sure, you can bring sandwiches, granola bars and fruit from home—and yes, you can take these into the parks! If you do, you’ll save a little money but you’ll miss out on incredible dining adventures. Shouldn’t you treat yourself to something special on your vacation?
Written by Sheri Morris, “Main Street Morris” Sheri is a proud grandmother with a keen eye for detail. She specializes in Disney Travel for adults and RV travel. Book your next vacation with Sheri at 804 405 5005 or at email@example.com.