A day at the Magic Kingdom can be hectic. If you need a little break while in Liberty Square, take a ride on the Riverboat! The Liberty Square Riverboat is a slow moving attraction for all ages. The entrance is located near the Haunted Mansion.
The steam powered paddler ride lasts about 17 minutes and travels a half mile around Tom Sawyer Island on the Rivers of America on an underwater track. The engine converts the river water into steam, powering the paddle that moves the boat. The river water is actually dyed a greenish brown color.
As you board the 47 ft. tall Colonial American vessel you will notice there are 4 decks:
• Pilothouse, also known as the top deck, features the wheelhouse and Captain’s Quarters
• Promenade Deck, includes a salon and a collection of vintage photos and maps
• Texas (or Sun) Deck, the perfect place to catch some rays as you float down the river
• Main Deck, includes the boiler and pistons that run the paddlewheel
As you travel, you will hear narration by Mark Twain. There are many sights to be seen on your journey including:
• An early American settlement
• An idyllic Native American village
• Harper’s Mill
• Fort Langhorn
• Wilson’s Cave Inn
• Woodland animals, including deer
• Great views of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain and The Haunted Mansion
So, take a ride on the Liberty Square Riverboat and enjoy the scenic view!
Written by Sheri Morris, “Main Street Morris” — Sheri is proud grandmother with a keen eye for detail. She specializes in Disney Travel for adults and RV travel. Book your next vacation with Sheri at 804 405 5005 or at email@example.com.