Hi!! My name is Tracey DeMarco; I am the Hotel How-to Gal!! I will guide you through the interesting and often frustrating waters of deciding which Disney Hotel is best for your family vacation. It is not an easy task with 26 resorts in 4 different categories. The first thing you need to do is figure which category is best for your family.
The 4 categories, which you might already know; but do you know which resort falls into which category:
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Polynesian Resort
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort (brand new resort open 2012)
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
Disney Vacation Club Villas:
- Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Treehouse Villas at Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Deluxe resorts are the closest to the various parks, like the Grand Floridian is right next to the Magic Kingdom. The Beach Club is walking distance to Epcot and so forth. Next comes the moderate level, which is not a far distance from the Parks but does require transportation instead of walking. Buses are provided at all resorts. The value resorts are the furthest from the parks and can take up to 30 minutes to get to each park if you use the bus system.
All resorts have their own special décor that can appeal to everyone. Once you have decided on a category the next step is decided what you want to see while you are here. From the Polynesian Islands to the New Orleans flair I can tell you that you will be happy no matter where you stay.
My families favorite resort it Wilderness Lodge. Wilderness Lodge is close to Magic Kingdom (all you have to do is hop on a boat to get there) but it is not on the monorail system. We like this because we feel it is not so crowded on the transportation to all the parks. We love the Pacific Northwest décor and Whispering Canyon Café is not to be missed.
As we go through all of the special places that we can stay at Disney I will give tips and little known facts to help you decide and enjoy all that Disney’s resorts have to offer.
Want to take the thinking out of your Disney Vacation Planning? Let us do the work for YOU! Contact us today for your FREE no-obligation quote. Click here to see why everyone is booking their Disney vacation with Hotel How-to Gal. Planning is when the magic begins!