Take off on a scenic half-mile adventure into the wilds of old America aboard a steam-powered paddler wheeler in the Magic Kingdom in Walt Disney World. Board the Colonial-American-inspired, 3-tiered Liberty Belle riverboat nestled in the heart of Liberty Square and embark on a relaxing journey around Tom Sawyer Island along the Rivers of America.
Sights to See
During this charming, 17-minute journey into America’s early frontier, behold a menagerie of sights along the Magic Kingdom’s river’s edge including:
• An early American settlement
• An idyllic Native American village
• Harper’s Mill
• Fort Langhorn
• Wilson’s Cave Inn
• Woodland animals, including deer
• Unique views of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Splash Mountain and The Haunted Mansion, well-known Magic Kingdom attractions
Along the way, listen to lively narration by iconic American author Mark Twain as he details a time when traveling was as much about new discoveries as it was about transportation.
Liberty Belle is a working reproduction of the historic vessels that ferried people up and down the mighty Mississippi. An actual working steam engine converts the water from the Rivers of America into steam that in turn powers the large paddle that propels the boat.
Aboard the Riverboat
Featuring meticulously detailed wood craftsmanship, the 47-foot tall Liberty Belle is comprised of 4 pristine decks:
• Pilothouse, also known as the top deck, features the wheelhouse and Captain’s Quarters
• Promenade Deck, includes a salon and a collection of vintage photos and maps
• Texas (or Sun) Deck, the perfect place to catch some rays as you float down the river
• Main Deck, includes the boiler and pistons that run the paddlewheel
Limited seating is available on all 4 decks.
Travel back to the past while moving full steam ahead on Liberty Belle!
Have a look at Liberty Square Riverboat at the Magic Kingdom in our video: